L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Heightfield generating errors

Got a problem or need advice?

Heightfield generating errors

Postby Kulzarn » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:21 am

I am trying to generate a rather large map (50kmx50km) through the Designable Map wizard. It generates the design map perfectly fine, however after generating the heightfield through the wizard it ends up generating a couple of weird areas and then 3 blank tiles. At first I thought that this was due to me accidentally letting the computer go to sleep, but the 2nd and 3rd time that I tried it (ensuring it didn't go to sleep or anything else) it did the exact same thing in the exact same spot.

I circled the weird area in red, the blank tiles are obvious.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kulzarn

Re: Heightfield generating errors

Postby Aaron » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi Kulzarn,

Thank you for the bug report, and sorry for the inconvenience. That's a weird one, for sure. I can't recall seeing this fault before.

Could you please send me some of the map data files? Particularly, the project ('.proj'), map definition ('.def.xml') and design map ('.dmf') files? With these files, I should be able to generate the exact same heightifeld and hopefully reproduce the fault and work out what's gone wrong. Please zip them up and send to aaron@bundysoft.com.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 am

Hi Kulzarn,

Thank you for the map files. I've reproduced the fault, but I'm still working out which algorithm is going nuts. I'll post back here when a fix is available. Thank you again for the bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Hi Kulzarn,

I apologise for the delay. I think I've tracked it down to a fault in a bugfix from 2012, but I still need to do a bit more testing to make sure that my fix works as intended. If all goes well, I should have an update ready within a day or so.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi Kulzarn,

The fix for this bug is included in L3DT 15.07 build 1, which is on the L3DT Pro downloads page now (see sales/registration receipt e-mail.) Please let me know if you find any further problems, and thank you again for your bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Kulzarn » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:10 am

Thank you very much for your help/time, it's greatly appreciated
Kulzarn

Return to Help and support