L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

atEdgeBlender

Got a problem or need advice?

atEdgeBlender

Postby jabo1SFH » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:41 am

hi all.

i cannot find a way to use atEdgeBlender in the 18.05 version of L3DT. when i attempt to enable it, i get the message that atEdgeBlender is already installed. there is no option to use it through the Extensions dropdown.

i would like to try to combine 4 different heightfields into one.

thx!

:twisted:
jabo1SFH

Re: atEdgeBlender

Postby jabo1SFH » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:12 am

hello again. this is the error message that displays when i try to load atEdgeBlender:

- Cannot get DLL handle for 'atEdgeBlender' CExtManager_dlg::PrepareListItemEx error:
- call to GetDllHandle failed

any ideas?

jabo1SFH

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:28 am

Hi Jabo1SFH,

Sorry for my slow reply. The menu options for atEdgeBlender were moved into the 'Operations->Heightfield->Edge blending' menu. I apologise for not having updated that documentation.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby jabo1SFH » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:57 am

no worries, we all have life things that come 1st.

thx for the reply. i was able to get it to load 4 different heightmaps, but i had an issue with "linear regression of tile scaling" giving me an error. i forgot exacly what the listed error was, but ill give it another go and post the error if it pops up again.

also, when entering the coordinates of where you want the next terrain to go in atEdgeBlender, the program does not like (-) negative entries. i had to use the lower left(sw) corner as my starting point, then use positive entries to put the other 3 heightmaps where i wanted them.

even though time has moved on, i like L3DT and have been slowly trying new things within the program to make terrains for an old game(DF2). however, there is a new game being developed that will have a mission editor based on Unreal 4 engine and will have the ability to import heightmaps, so i will be attempting to do just that once the editor comes out. hopefully i will not be the only one looking to make terrains for this upcoming game.

i will definitely point any prospective terrain makers to L3DT. :D

Tip of the Spear: Task Force Elite is the game that is currently in early public access and is available on Steam, if interested.

jabo1SFH

Return to Help and support