L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Stop bugging error modal dialog

Got a problem or need advice?

Stop bugging error modal dialog

Postby gkaizer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi, I was trying for the first time since I last bought last month a pro license to learn this beautiful piece of software and decided to begin with a tutorial 'Making roads in L3DT', following it as a step by step kind of guide.
Well, when it comes to paint the road with the pencil to edit the newly created road template map, it is quite annoying that there isn't a way to create keyboard shortchuts to switch easily from the default mouse mode to edit mode (RGB brush), but you need always to move your mouse from the map to the related icon to select which mode the mouse will be, especially if you work with a zoomed in map, but more annoyng is the fact that if you touch the map boundaries while in edit mode you receive a very frustrating error modal dialog box (an Event log window as it is called) which continues bugging telling something related to coodinates (like L3DTio_BackupApp::AddMapAreaToEditRecord error:
- cannot get mask pixel x-1 y4
CL3DTView::MousePaintPixel error:
- call to L3DTundo_AddMapAreaToEditRecord failed for pixel x10y397 rad 80 (x=-70...90, y=317...477)
) it is almost impossible trying not to touch with the mouse image edges while painting green for terrain or water in the under 0 level area or whatever.How is it possibile to continue like that? Nobody finds it annoying? I very fast looked for such an error and found nothing reported before, I assume it is something occuring just to me (?). How is it possible to stop every event log window after every pencil stroke beyond what it thinks a correct canvas or is it possible to have much more control to this kind of settings?
Thanks for understanding my disappointment, but I can't find anything about this.
gkaizer

Re: Stop bugging error modal dialog

Postby gkaizer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:29 pm

a little video that is worth more than a thousand words h**ps://youtu.be/UyJwurWRupQ
gkaizer

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Dear Gkazier,

Oh dear, that's a terrible bug. Apparently people don't use the RGBA brush in the 2D interface very much. I will get onto this ASAP.

Also, please accept my most humble apologies for the awful delay in replying to this post. I was overseas and out of contact when it was made, and on my return the forum had been overrun by spambots, which drowned your post. I then migrated the site to a new host, which promptly blew it up for some time. Things are starting to return to normal now, and after cleaning up the mess, I noticed your unanswered post. I'm very sorry it took so long, and I will endeavor to provide a much better standard of service going forwards.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Dear Gkazier,

Okay, I've found and fixed the problem. I'll spin up an updated installer in the next day, and post back here when it is available for download.

Thankyou for your bug report, and sorry again it took so long to be addressed.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Dear Gkazier,

This bug is fixed in the latest developmental build (v17.11 build 1). The installer is on the downloads page now. If you're using L3DT Pro, please consult your trial/purchase receipt e-mail for the URL. If you're using L3DT Standard, the installer is here.

Thank you again for the bug report, and sorry for the delay.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby gkaizer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Yeppeee, no problem for the delay, really glad it's definetely been solved.
Thanks
gkaizer

Return to Help and support