L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

l3dt 2.7 stable standard crashes

Please report software faults here.

l3dt 2.7 stable standard crashes

Postby sonnyc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi,
I installed l3dt on my laptop and office computer. It crashes on both sometimes on start up and sometimes after going though the map wizard.
My laptop is window xp 32, my office is vista home 32. I have not installed 2,7 on my home computer yet it is windows vista 64 but 2.6 runs great on it. 2.6 ran once or twice on my office and laptop but neither will run now.

I copied the crash report from the window on my office vista machine where can I send it to you ?

Thanks
sonnyc

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Sonnyc,

I apologise for this inconvenience. Please send the crash data to aaron@bundysoft.com. Please also attach L3DT's log file, which you can get from the start menu under:

Code: Select all
All programs\Bundysoft\L3DT [version]\L3DT logs

The logfile is called 'log.txt'.

I have not seen this problem previously, and it has not been reported by others in the users' community. Thus, it would help greatly if you could send me the logs from both your laptop and your desktop, as this may help in finding the common element in the system configuration that makes L3DT crash on your two computers.

Can you tell me a bit more about your system configuration? Do you use the same anti-virus on both machines? Are you using non-default visual themes? Can you think of any other system configuration setting you are using that is not the default setting in Vista or XP?

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:07 am

Hi Sonnyc,

By the way, did you by any chance install L3DT on a thumbdrive and then attempted to run it on another computer? If so, it may cause the errors you encountered.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:02 am

Hi Sonnyc,

I you can, please send the logfile requested above. Otherwise, I can't start work on fixing the bug.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Sun May 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Sonnyc,

Did you have any luck with the update I sent you?

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports