L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

beta .bt import

Please report software faults here.

beta .bt import

Postby SeerBlue » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:49 pm

Just opened the 2.4 beta, opened a few of ME-DEM's .bt tiles as import heightfield and the upper 2/3rds of the heightfield becomes the lower 2/3rds.
Opened same tiles in 2.3d and they open with no problem (except for the utm scaling pop up)., so it is not the .bt tile.
The tiles are in .bt format, geographic lat long projection, meters. they are now available on ME-DEM's ftp in the phase 2 folder, if you want to test some.
Converted a few tiles to utm projection via global mapper and they open fine.
Could the fact that the x and y pixel ratio for geo referencing is not equal ( x is 0.00217904609729839 and y is 0.00202520767230737 arc degrees. This did not have any effect in opening .bt tiles in the previuos version.
I also opened a few via import design map, the heightfield shows up initially with the upper 2/3rds shifted to the lower 2/3rds of the image, but after running through a few steps of the design map routine the heightfield appears correct. Will have to go back and see exactly where it shifts to correct appearence and get some screen shots.
The only warning I get is the "utm projection defaulting to 10 meters). SeerBlue
[/img]
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Re: beta .bt import

Postby Aaron » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:12 am

Hi SeerBlue,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll have a fix ready soon.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:40 am

Hello again,

Okay, I've uploaded a new build (Pro edition only) that should either fix this problem or else provide a more useful error message. I've tried it with a random sampling of the phase2 maps, and it seemed to work OK.

Oh, I should add that the georef data can be edited from 'Settings->Current project' under 'georef', after you've loaded a bt file.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby SeerBlue » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm

great, I will down load and give it a go. Thanks SeerBlue
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Postby SeerBlue » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:30 pm

Works great, opened quite a few different tiles and compared them to the same tiles in Global Mapper, no problems noted. Now back to L3DT to check out the geo-reffing and resizing, Thanks Again...SeerBlue
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Return to Bug reports