L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

exporting alpha maps

Please report software faults here.

exporting alpha maps

Postby VicToMeyeZR » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 pm

When you try to export an alpha map, the second window that comes up doesn't (as a matter of fact none of the export windows) resize so you can SEE ALL the options. Can you please fix this. Makes it kind of hard to import and export properly.

VicToMeyeZR

Postby Aaron » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi VicToMeyeZR,

I apologise for this inconvenience.

The problem seems to be with the font. The wizard is laid out to work with the standard window fonts, which are Tahoma for Win2k/XP and Segoe for Vista. Clearly, Windows is not rendering the UI in the default font. Do other programs display windows using that font?

As for the window size, you can adjust this manually by selecting the 'Settings->Local settings' menu option, then navigate to the 'UI->Wizards->Allow resize' tree option and double-click on it to set it to true. Thereafter, you will be able to resize the wizard windows by dragging the edges.

For the next release I shall add more padding around the controls so that they fit when using unusual fonts, and I'll also make the wizard manager calculate the window size based on the font size.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby VicToMeyeZR » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

ok, that makes sense. I will try that. thank you

Worked like a charm. :)
VicToMeyeZR

Postby Aaron » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi VictoMeyZR,

I have included a fix to calculate the proper window size using the selected Windows font in the latest developmental build of L3DT Pro (v2.7 build 22). The updated installer is on the Pro downloads page now (ref. trial/purchase receipt e-mail for link). Please let me know if you find any problems with it.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports