L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Alpha map filters

Please report software faults here.

Alpha map filters

Postby Chett » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:04 am

Can't create new filter sets or modify existing one.
Drop down menus for climate and land type stay blank and 'ok' button' is never active.
Same result either trying to create new set or modify the one that is there.
Chett
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 am

Hi Chett,

Thanks for the bug report. I haven't tested the 'alpha express' filtering option in some time (and nor has anyone else, apparently). Clearly I've changed something that's broken this feature since I last used it (about 2 years ago?). I'll look into it now, but in the mean time, I recommend you use the normal alpha map generator ('Operations->Alpha maps->Generate maps').

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Chett » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 am

well one of the reason I wound up trying that was -

Code: Select all
calc_TX_GetSpatTextureList error
 - GetData failed for 'TexFileName' when making TexList

Cant use that either
Chett
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Chett,

I've uploaded a new developmental build of L3DT Pro (v2.7 build 32) that should fix these issues for you.

Chett wrote:
 - GetData failed for 'TexFileName' when making TexList

Cant use that either

That looks a lot like you have a land type that either has no material assigned, or has a material with no texture. If you try the regular alpha map option again, it should now give you an error message that explains what is wrong with the particular land type / material. Please let me know how that goes.

As for the 'alpha express' option; I've revised the plugin and all now appears to be working correctly. Earlier in the year I changed the definitions of some of the functions on which that plugin relied, but apparently forgot to update the plugin. This has now been fixed.

I apologise for this inconvenience, and thank you again for the bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Chett » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:32 am

Well I get this error, but before that of course I have errors in climate definitions because I'll need to remake/copy over things I had done under the previous version to tweak climate definitions. Is it safe to just make copies of the climate files in the new resources directory or do I need to remake all that? I assume I can track down whatever missing resource once I have the right climate definition in place. The error message is very helpful, thank you.

- Cannot retrieve land type.

calc_AM_GetLandType error:
 - cannot retrieve land type 19 in climate 'Temperate'
 - climate has 19 types

- Calculation aborted prematurely

EDIT: I took a chance and just copied my climate files over and everything seems to be working now. Of course no doubt I'll find something else after I regenerate everything :D
Chett
Contributing member

Return to Bug reports