L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Georeferencing not working with tiled height field?

Please report software faults here.

Georeferencing not working with tiled height field?

Postby martifa » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use the georeference functionality to reference a height field. When I have a single file it works well when I load the file into Global Mapper, but when I split the HF into several tiles the information seems to be lost. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Martin
martifa

Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Martifa,

Thanks for the reminder. I don't think I ever implemented georeferencing in the HFZ mosaic exporter. I'll put it on the dev plan.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby martifa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Aron,

You're welcome. Thanks for the response. Do you have any idea when you will get around to it? I understand if that's the type of question you don't want to answer:)

Martin
martifa

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 am

Hi Martin,

Sorry, I have no idea when I'll be able to get to it. At the moment I'm working on vegetation mapping, and that's proving to be a large and complex job (no surprises there).

In the mean time, is there any problem in exporting the mosaic heightfield as a huge single HFZ file? [Hmmm...I think there's a limit of 32k x 32k pixels, due to the use of zlib.]

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby martifa » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Aron,

No worries. I think I will write a Python script that creates a .tfw file (world file for TIFF images) for each tile. I will probably use GeoTIFF later in the process anyhow. It would be nice to have georeferencing of tiles in L3DT though!

The way it stands now the size of the terrain will be 65536 x 65536 points, which I think is too large for an untiled approach.

-Martin
martifa

Return to Bug reports