L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

beta 1&2 Texture import bug

Please report software faults here.

beta 1&2 Texture import bug

Postby DeathTwister » Sat May 20, 2006 9:03 pm

Good day Aaron,

I have been having trouble importing textures to make _bump's for the textures I have been making. And for some reason the print screen button (keyboard) when in L3DT don't work to good. But I finally got one to show you. I posted this elsewhere like an idiot, so sorry Aaron for posting in the wrong place before.

As you can see the image format or any other format for that matter does not appear just shows a blank, and I have over 100 textures in that dir ATM :cry: Sorry to share this with you and it is a bug right? It works on all other versions that are not the last 2 beta's. So I have been doing my _bumps in your older versions for now till a fix comes in, next release?

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Mon May 22, 2006 6:19 am

Hi DeathTwister,

Does the dialog show any files in other directories?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Mon May 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Hay Aaron,

Not one file in any other format can I see, and I have't a clue as to why.
Oh wait, Sometimes the most resent files will show up at first, well the last time I did see files anyway, but after I went back into another DIR everything or back to L3DT everything would disapier.

I am using WIn XP Pro if that helps, but since I am on dialup here, I haven't updated to service pack 2 yet.
Not sure if that means anything though? Going to soon though, have to get comps to highspeed somewhere is the problem hehe :roll:

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby trollfiddler » Mon May 22, 2006 3:54 pm

Hi guys,

I don't use this feature at the moment but thought I'd take a look to see if I had the problem too just to help out.

The file selection box only seems to list png files, no jpg or gif files. Aaron, should this be the case? Deathtwister, are there pngs in your dir or just jpgs? It might be that's why you aren't seeing anything.

If I use "all supported types" I can see other file types (still no jpg or gif though). However it *does* show raw files. I would assume raw files should be displayed when you only select image formats, so maybe there is a small buglet just there anyway as they are not being shown :-)

Completely off topic, I just watched Wolf Creek Aaron. Don't go camping in the wilds of Oz before you finish 2.4 :-)

Cheers,

T.
trollfiddler
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Mon May 22, 2006 5:51 pm

Hay bro,

Hummm,
Trollfiddler wrote:

The file selection box only seems to list png files, no jpg or gif files. Aaron, should this be the case? Deathtwister, are there pngs in your dir or just jpgs? It might be that's why you aren't seeing anything.

No, I have no .raw's in that dir, as it only looks for .raw and .jpg. But I thought that only .jpgs were in that dir so I had none to test, I will try and see if it sees .raws in nthat folder later to make sure. I get a blank in mine and yes your right I do see a raw file when I see recent files, but not the ones I want in the dir I want. I need to make _bumps.jpg HEHE for graphics for bump mapping.

good questain though bro.

If I use "all supported types" I can see other file types (still no jpg or gif though). However it *does* show raw files. I would assume raw files should be displayed when you only select image formats, so maybe there is a small buglet just there anyway as they are not being shown :-)

I would think for any image file (.jpg, .bmp, .gif, .raw) that is suported in this program, right Aaron? :?

Hehe thanks for helping as I thought I was the only one with this for a bit. Whew.......,...

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed May 24, 2006 5:52 pm

Hello,

Just to follow up, I've found this bug and it's been fixed for beta3.

This is what I wrote:

Code: Select all
pFileSel->m_FilterStr = _T("Image formats|*.bmp;*jpg;*,jpeg;*.png|");

And this is what I meant to write:

Code: Select all
pFileSel->m_FilterStr = _T("Image formats|*.bmp;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png|");

That's two type-o's in the one line. :oops:

trollfiddler wrote:Completely off topic, I just watched Wolf Creek Aaron. Don't go camping in the wilds of Oz before you finish 2.4 :-)

Indeed. I guess I should also keep a look out for for dingoes and anyone called the Toecutter. Going further off-topic, did you know that the scary bad-guy in Wolf Creek is the lovable host of "Better Homes and Gardens" down here? There's some useful water-cooler trivia.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby trollfiddler » Wed May 24, 2006 9:29 pm

did you know that the scary bad-guy in Wolf Creek is the lovable host of "Better Homes and Gardens"

Ha ha, that's hilarious. How does anyone take Wolf Creek seriously knowing that?? Well, they probably don't take it seriously anyway, but you know what I mean.

As for the typos, I know that excruciating feeling when you starte and stare at a bit of code for hours or days before you see the mistype. And usually if you give up and resort to asking someone else they spot it straight away. "Oh you missed out a dot there," and they go off with a smug grin, leaving you with that headache you've built up staring at the screen for days with no food or water:-(
trollfiddler
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Thu May 25, 2006 11:55 am

ROTFL,

Yup yup my associate does the same thing at times..... :oops: good 2 know we found it though, WOOT.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:04 am

Just to follow up - this bug was fixed in beta3, released today.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports