L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

How to suppress event log dialog box?

Please report software faults here.

How to suppress event log dialog box?

Postby lynnewu » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:36 am

How do I suppress the event log dialog that pops up a lot, in most tools when bounding box of the current tool strays too far past the "edge" of a surface (at least in Sapphire)?
lynnewu

Re: How to suppress event log dialog box?

Postby Aaron » Fri May 04, 2018 3:10 am

Hi lynnewu,

I apologise for this inconvenience, and for the delay in my reply. Unfortunately, I don't presently have a way to suppress those errors being shown. What I should be doing, however, is fixing the underlying errors. I'll have a bit of a play around to see if I can reproduce the errors. Is there any particular tool that's causing you trouble, or is it just generally everything?

Best regards,
Aaron.

Update: It looks like the problem is the L3DTio_Backup plugin that stores the map area backups to allow 'undo' to work with the mouse editing tools. If you want, you can then disable these messages by disabling undo. To disable undo, un-check the 'Edit->Enable undo' menu option in L3DT's main window menu.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Fri May 04, 2018 3:58 am

Hi lynnewu,

Okay, I've found the bug in the L3DTio_Backup plugin, and the fix appears to work. I will upload an update in next day or so, and post back here when it is available. I apologise again for these errors, and for the delay in getting them fixed.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Fri May 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi lynnewu,

Okay, this issue has been fixed for L3DT 18.05 dev build 1, which is on the downloads page now. If you're using L3DT Professional, please consult your sales/registration receipt for the download link.

Please let me know if this problem is not resolved, or if you find any other problems with the new build.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Awakeza » Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 am

Thanks for the reply.
Awakeza

Return to Bug reports