L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Cannot export in most 3d file formats :(

Please report software faults here.

Cannot export in most 3d file formats :(

Postby Mr. Jingle » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi everyone :)

I'm starting to use L3DT, but I've not been able to export from most of the 3d options given from the program: Right now I've not been able to export a single 3ds/obj/b3d file, both from the "Export" OBJ / 3DS options and the Single Layer export options (Active Map Layer / Map Layer ).

Every Single try crashes the application with no log left.

The only working option is Directx .X fileformat, but it's quite a limiting imposition :/

Any suggestion?
Mr. Jingle

Postby Mr. Jingle » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Ok, I found that the "culprit" is the mesh decimator plugin,it seems that by exporting in OBJ without using it creates no problem.
Too bad, it seems that I cannot export in B3D without using such plugin :/
Mr. Jingle

Postby Aaron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Mr. Jingle,

I apologise for this inconvenience, and thank you for the bug report. Checking through the bug reports forum, I did notice that this has been reported before, but I have not yet been able to reproduce the fault, and thus have not fixed it. Can you please send me (to aaron@bundysoft.com) the map definition file for your project (*.def.xml), so that I may test the decimator using the settings from your map project?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Jingle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Ok, I've sent the profile.def.xml file :)

(Actually, I've sent it twice, but yahoo mail for some reason wasn't too happy about the xml attachment, so I've sent from a google account, too).
Mr. Jingle

Postby Aaron » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi Mr. Jingle,

Thanks for the definition file. Alas, when run on my system, the map produced from your settings was successfully exported by the OBJ/3DS/B3D mesh exporters without crashing. This seems to be a system-dependent bug.

After the mesh exporter crashes, can you please send me the debugging logfile? You can get to it from the Windows start menu under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs'. In that directory, you will find a file called 'debug.dat'. With the logfile, I may be able to work out what is going wrong.

Also, can any other users reproduce this fault with the mesh exporter? Does anyone have problems using the OBJ/MTL exporter?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Jingle » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:43 pm

UNfortunately, there's no file called debug.dat in that folder, it seems that the application crashes before being able to write down that log!

The only file available is log.txt, which i'm sending you via email.
Mr. Jingle

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 am

Hi Mr. Jingle,

Oops, I forgot that you were using L3DT Standard Edition. That version does not write a debug.dat file. The log.txt file you sent should suffice. I'll let you know what I find.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports