L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

HeightFeild Tools problem

Please report software faults here.

HeightFeild Tools problem

Postby Donmatus » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello I'm a new user to l3dt and like the tools a lot to generate terrain.

I'm having problem with the brush for the heighfeild tools. It's disappearing.. And flickers on and off when i rotate the camera. Does anyone know what might be the problem.. Some times it works and some times it doesn't. if it works it disappears when i move the camera..

thank you very much
Donmatus

Postby ReNo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:21 am

Sounds an awful lot like you're having the same problem as me. I reported it a week or so back and Aaron is looking into it. You can read more info here...

http://www.bundysoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1717
ReNo

Re: HeightFeild Tools problem

Postby Aaron » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:54 am

Hi Donmatus,

I apologise for the delay in my reply, and for the inconvenience caused by this fault. Can I ask you to open L3DT, open a project, open Sapphire, close the program down again, and finally e-mail me the logfile? You can get to it from the Windows Start menu under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs'. In that directory, you will find a file called 'log.txt'.

This logfile will allow me to have a look at your graphics card settings, as this fault is likely to be a driver bug. The other user to report this fault was using an ATI Radeon HD 4800. Is your card from this vendor also?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports