L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Problem running L3DT

Please report software faults here.

Problem running L3DT

Postby aftab » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:18 am

Hi
I am new to L3DT when I select Design/Inflate, Or Design/Inflate Blank, It gives me a Windows Unexpected error, and the program shutdowns

I am using ATI Radeon9200 Graphics Card, 512 RD Ram and Dell Workstation Dual Processor ( and I have 1 processor installed in my PC ).
aftab

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:34 am

Hi Aftab,

Do you get the same problem with the Perlin or Fractal options?

Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby aftab » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:47 am

Thanks for your quick response
I am realy imrpessed of the screeshots and want to to Integrate L3DT with Ogre3D for my final project
No Perlin or Fractal works fine for me and yeah one thing more I have downloaded the sample hieghtmap files and tried to view in L3DTVi and it works fine there but When I used the Perlin or fractal algorithm, I got the same error
aftab

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 am

Hi Aftab,

Can you tell me exactly at what point you get the error? When you select the 'design/inflate' algorithm and click next, does the 'design map size' window show at all? Screenshots would really help. (If you don't have a place to upload images, you can send them directly to aaron.torpy@yahoo.com.)

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby aftab » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:04 am

Hi Aaron
Here is the screen shot where I get the error When I click on OK button it starts processing ther Algorithm but a Unexpected Window Exception is thrown by the window and the program shutdowns
aftab

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:19 am

Hi aftab,

I'm sorry, I'm still struggling to find a reason why you would get this bug.

Are other wizards affected? Can you, for example, open that demo project and export one of the maps (file->export->active map)?

If it's not the wizard, it might be the progress window, and in particular, the live map display. Do disable this, select 'settings->local settings' in the menu, then disable the 'UI->dialogs->progress->DrawGrid' option (double-click on it). Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Hypnotron » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 pm

and check your running tasks to see if there's any dead processes still in memory. A good old fashioned reboot might help :)

anyway this just reminds me of a voodoo error i had with l3dt just crashing for no apparent reason and it turned out I had some dead processes. I ended up killing them and rebooting for good measure and the problem was solved. Worth a shot anyway :P
Hypnotron
Contributing member

Return to Bug reports