Two Bugs

Please report software faults here.

Two Bugs

Postby Nyth » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:19 am

I found two bugs today.

1) when i generate a mosaic texture map i get the error:

CMapGroup:: SaveProjectFile error
Project file format not supported.

However, the map shows up fine, and I can't find anything wrong with it..

2) When i start up L3DTvi2 i get the error:

Accesss Violation at adress 00000000 Read of Address 00000000

Also, when i click OK, or click the close button in the corner of the error window, another window with the same error appears, forcing me to ctrl+alt+del the program in order to quit.

~Nyth
Nyth

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:49 pm

Hi Nyth,

Thanks for the bug-reports.

I've fixed the first bug for the next release. It was a little more serious than it first looked, as it means that L3DT has failed to save the project file (.proj) and the map definition file (.def.xml). Consequently, your map may have lost some settings. As I understand it, this fault happens when L3DT expects the project filename to be a '.proj', but it's actually an '.mgf' (the old ‘map group file’ format), as would happen when you load an old project from an mgf. The temporary work-around is to load your old map group file, and use the 'file->save as' option to force L3DT to use a new project file.

As for the second bug, I'm not sure. What hardware (CPU, RAM, graphics card) and version of Windows are you using?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Nyth » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:10 am

Heres the hardware stuff you asked for. It definatly could be my video card (it cost about $30..).

CPU: AMD Athalon XP 2100+ (~1.7 GHz)
RAM: 512 MB
Video card :oops: : XGI Volari V3 (128MB DDR, supposedly 64-bit though dxdiag says its using 32-bit.)

~Nyth
Nyth

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi Nyth,

Well, I and others have tested L3DTVi2 on AMD chips with 512Mb of RAM, so I don't think that's a problem. However, I've never tested L3DTVi2 on an XGI graphics card. It could be that the Volari V3 doesn't have the required OpenGL support. I think the V3 was released in 2003, and L3DTVi2 uses OpenGL2.0, which came out in 2004. I could be wrong there though, since I didn't program L3DTVi2 and I don't know too much about OpenGL. Do you have any problems with other OpenGL programs?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Nyth » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:38 am

I checked the website, and your right, it doesn't have OpenGL 2.0, no wonder it was so cheap :P .

thanks,
~Nyth
Nyth

Return to Bug reports