L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Level at

Please report software faults here.

Level at

Postby Stem » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Aaron,

Just a slight error with the "Hight-field tools-> Level at". It is leveling at 10x the input value. So (for example) if I level at 10, it actually levels at 100.

Regards,

- Stem
Stem

Re: Level at

Postby Aaron » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Stem,

Wow, thanks for this bug report. That has apparently been a fault since this particular tool was introduced in L3DT v2.6 in August of 2008. Since no-one else reported this fault in the past 3.5 years, one is inclined to conclude 'level at' is not terribly popular with users. Good to know.

Anyway, the scaling factor that you found to be 10x is actually the horizontal scale; Sapphire internally uses a coordinate system scaled down by the horizontal scale such that adjacent pixels are 1 unit apart. In this case I forgot to take this scaling into account when setting the heights of the 'level at' tool start and end points.

The fix is done, and will be wrapped into the next developmental build. If you need the fix immediately, the updated plugin is available here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/plugins/bin/Sapphire-bin.zip

Thanks again!

Regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Level at

Postby Stem » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Aaron,

Aaron wrote:.........one is inclined to conclude 'level at' is not terribly popular with users.

I am currently experimenting (well, more like playing) with all the hightfield tools, adding roads/steps etc, then blending them into the surround.

Many thanks for the (very quick) fix. I have downloaded, and it is working correctly.

Best Regards,

- Stem
Stem

Return to Bug reports