L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Extra file extensions on Climate XML files

Please report software faults here.

Extra file extensions on Climate XML files

Postby David Walters » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi, I found a tiny bugette in v12.6.0.0 pro

I just made a new climate and looking I have file called "Arctic26-dsw.cli.cli.xml.cli.xml" instead of the "Arctic26-dsw.cli.xml" that I imagine is correct. Everything seemed to work with this new file regardless of file extension, although I didn't test it for long.

I was doing a hack job on an existing terrain project and ended up temporarily editing the existing climate instead. I wasn't able to find an easy way to remap the climate on an existing Attribute map without rebuilding the whole shebang from the DM down, so I just hacked the std_snow material to switch in a new texture I wanted to use and regenerated the texture.

Regards,
David
David Walters
Doyen

Re: Extra file extensions on Climate XML files

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for the bugette report. I vaguely recall having seen something like this before. I've popped it on the list and will look into it at the next opportunity.

I'll also have a think about how best to remap climates. The atFilterAM plugin can actually do this now, but it's not really the right tool for the job, and would involve a lot more work than should otherwise be required. I'm sure something better can be cooked up.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports