L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

image drape not appearing when past 1km zoom

Please report software faults here.

image drape not appearing when past 1km zoom

Postby boblanders » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:01 am

ive been trying to overlay some sat imagery that is georectified with the heightmap as a template to paint sections of the attribute map, but i can only see the image drape when im at a zoom level of 1km or higher
boblanders

Re: image drape not appearing when past 1km zoom

Postby Aaron » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi Boblanders,

What is the size of your attributes map and what is the size of your image drape? (in pixels, please).

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby boblanders » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

i just read on the wiki page for the image drape it says it will be buggy with high res images (i tried it with 20480x20480 and 16384x16384) i just need a way to trace out my roads and such onto my attributes map.. ive also made a mask inside terrainbuilder (arma 3's terrain editing tool.. its more of a GIS program than a terrain editor) of all my roads and exported it as 16384x16384 and overlayed it onto my attributes mask but when i generated the textures it seems that the asphalt texture was transparent just kind of tinting the color of the grass witch is not what i was trying to do, i thought since the mask only has black and white pixels it would not be blended into the grass so much
boblanders

Postby Aaron » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi Boblanders,

I'm guessing that this blending is due to the texture blend radius set for the asphalt land type. What you need to do is set the blend radius of the asphalt land type to 1 (see appearance tab of land type editor). You get to the land type editor by 'Resources->Climates->Climate manager' in the menu, then edit the desired climate, and finally edit the desired land type. Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby boblanders » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 pm

seems like the mask overlay does not work when im using an AM/HF ratio of 20... should i just use a ratio of 16 and resize my attributes mask/final texture on export? also, it would seem that to get the mask overlay to work you need to save your attribute mask first or it will freeze when it saves during the mask overlay operation
boblanders

Return to Bug reports