L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Quick info report for L3DT Pro 15.11.0.3 (Dev)

Please report software faults here.

Quick info report for L3DT Pro 15.11.0.3 (Dev)

Postby Kiwi-Hawk » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:35 am

Kia ora

Just installed and tried to open a current project,.. program runs but wount open the project at all, just times out "Not responding"

Edit to update:

I was able to import the heightmap I had exported earlyer from the 51.10.0.1 version but had to take the vertical height from 5000 down to 1400 to get it close to looking the same, tho I have to same so far the sculpting tools, raise, lower and smooth seem farmore repsonive and nicer to use. I thank ya for that as I'm a tad ham fisted not real good wit the light touch lol
Kiwi-Hawk
Contributing member

Re: Quick info report for L3DT Pro 15.11.0.3 (Dev)

Postby Aaron » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Kiwi-Hawk,

If you can reproduce the timeout fault when loading projects, can you please send me the log file afterwards? You can get to it using the 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs' shortcut in the Windows start menu. That link will open a directory in which you will find a file called 'log.txt'. With the logfile, I will be able to work out what is going wrong. Please collect the log file after the fault occurs in L3DT, and before re-opening the program, as the log file is overwritten at the start of each session.

By the way, which heightfield file format were you using when you exported from the previous version and imported into the current version, and got a difference in vertical scaling? My psychic debugging skills suggest that formats either doesn't encode the horizontal or vertical scaling (or both), so you get a different result when you re-import it. If so, it's not a compatibility bug in L3DT; it's just that some file formats suck for heightfield data (namely raw, bmp, png, jpg...in fact, pretty much any image format other than GeoTIFF). However, if you were using a proper heightfield file format, then some further investigation is merited.

Best regards,
Aaron
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Quick info report for L3DT Pro 15.11.0.3 (Dev)

Postby Kiwi-Hawk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Kia ora

I think that maybe the save was a little off,. it all seems fine now tho I have not tried making a project in the older version to reopen in the newer one again.
The export format I use mostly is 16bit raw R16 tho I have had to use 16 bit raw RAW for the unity engine, so its maybe as you said the format does not carry data
over well
Kiwi-Hawk
Contributing member

Return to Bug reports