L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

2.5 RC4: Problem with plugin loading

Please report software faults here.

2.5 RC4: Problem with plugin loading

Postby Dreamora » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:36 pm

When starting L3DT I get the following error for any of the extensions.
As the path shows, the app does definitely look for the plugins at a completely wrong place.
The plugins are all in place and through drag and drop / Zeo double click it mentiones that they are already installed.

CExtDLL::LoadDLL error:
- call to LoadLibrary failed for 'D:\Game Media Creation\L3DT Professional 2.5\Extensions\L3DTio_DMF\Release\L3DTio_DMF.dll'
- Plugin file not found at specified path.
Dreamora

Postby Aaron » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi Dreamora,

Oh dear, once again I am reminded of why I should never upload updates after midnight. With this one I have included an incorrect path name in the extensions file. The correct extensions file can be downloaded from here. This file should be saved over the 'extensions.ini.xml' file in the following directory:

C:\Documents and settings\[your name]\Application data\Bundysoft\L3DT\Pro 2.5.0.24\Settings

The reason the drag-n-drop didn't work is because the plugin is still technically installed, even though it's not where L3DT thinks it should be. To re-install the plugins you would need to go to the extensions manager an unload then all first.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this cockup. I'll update the installers later today (for now they're "temporarily unavailable").

Best regards,
Aaron.

PS: The changes in RC4 are just revisions of the BT and HF2/HFZ plugins to better support georeferencing.

Update: The 'fixed' installers have been uploaded.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports