L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT 2.5a Pro bug on start up

Please report software faults here.

L3DT 2.5a Pro bug on start up

Postby DeathTwister » Wed May 30, 2007 1:09 am

Hay Aaron,

Well been a while since I posted a bug, that is a good thing brother /winks, but I have one now.

OK I downloaded about 5 days back the L3DT 2.5a Pro version that was the bleeding edge release (Doh) and installed it, and tried to go in and it just locked up on me and hung my whole computer up. I restarted and I still cannot get in to the program unless I restart my computer and it takes forever to get in so I Have given up and gone back to 25 haha. I can send you the log? where did you say it was? and I will post it, oh wait maybe I can figure it out now and get bit to you, sorry dumb artist moment.
Oh I gues I cant give you one since I cannot get in this version to grab it, I guess.
But I think it has to do with the Viewer (saphire) somehow as the one time I did get in? it was disabled and I re-enabled it and have not been able to get back in since. Not sure if that helps, but I think I will go look for a newer build I see you have done so maybe this is a mute report?
Kinda scattered as well sorry boss.
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 am

Hi DT,

This was caused by me being a bit lazy when adding a greeting message/progress bar during app initialisation. I noticed this might be a problem, so it had already been removed from the last dev build (2.5a build 2). I'll bring the greeting back when I've got it wired up with the 'smarter' progress dialog (as used for the pretty display during calculations), which properly handles the message-passing/thread-synchronisation tasks.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed May 30, 2007 5:12 am

OK, sounds good, I have installed build L3DT 2.5.1.2 Pro (dev) and I am getting in at this time or did when I first went in, will get into it more tomorrow or Thrusday depending on my schedual. let us know when it get in the next one please /smiles. yep good to known when it is you and not me hahahahaha.
Yawn, KK tired and bug eyed so hitting the sack see yaz laters.

DT :lol:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Bug reports