L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT_Atlas

Please report software faults here.

L3DT_Atlas

Postby MDynna » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:47 am

Hi Aaron,

I'm trying to use the latest version of the L3DT_Atlas plugin. Whenever I try to export a map with a size > 2048 I get a warning message. However, whether I click Yes or No on the warning I get the same errors in my log:
Code: Select all
L3DT Atlas Export - user cancelled export after >2048 HF warning.

CZeoFunc::CallFunction error:
 - The function 'ExtSaveAtlasFile' in the plugin 'l3dt_atlas' returned an error.

zeofunc_file_export_atlasHelper error:
 - call to export function failed

CZeoFunc::CallFunction error:
 - The function 'atlasEx' in the plugin 'L3DT-CORE' returned an error.

Notice the first line: user cancelled export... I get this regardless of pressing Yes or No on the warning. I know you don't have anything to do with the plugin itself, but this warning message seems to originate inside L3DT (I couldn't find it in the plugin source). Could you please confirm that the problem isn't something simple like that warning always returning "No"?
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:06 am

Hi Mark,

Oh, I had never seen that message before, which means it's not one of mine. Indeed, the second message identifies the culprit:

message wrote:"The function 'ExtSaveAtlasFile' in the plugin 'l3dt_atlas' returned an error."

What this means is that the message is shown either in the 'ExtSaveAtlasFile' function in the plugin or a subroutine thereof, and the whole export is failing because that plugin function subsequently returns false. The error messages that then follow are are the result of the error cascading out from that function through another wrapper plugin function ('atlasEx' in 'L3DT-CORE'). The 'CZeoFunc' bit is just a wrapper used to call the plugin functions, which automatically logs an error whenever a plugin function returns false.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby MDynna » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:49 pm

Ok, I'll dig into the plugin's code to try to find the source. Thanks Aaron.
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby dr_boom » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:27 am

I get the same thing. :cry:
dr_boom

Postby MDynna » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:43 pm

Well, I just got the darned thing to compile yesterday, so now I have a chance to try and find out what's wrong.

Of course, when you let GG know about it their response is: "You've got the source code..."
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby dr_boom » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:01 pm

MDynna, did you do anything different to get it to compile?
dr_boom

Postby MDynna » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:35 pm

Yes, I had to do a lot of different things actually. Check out the instructions I posted in this thread on the GG forums.
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby dr_boom » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:50 am

Thanks, but I cannot access that forum unfortunately. Can you copy and paste it here maybe?

Thanks again
dr_boom

Postby MDynna » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:26 am

Sorry, I can't. If you own a license to TGEA then you should be able to access that forum and you can contact GG in that case to resolve the problem.

If you don't own a license to TGEA, then you shouldn't have the source code for l3dt_atlas in the first place.
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby dr_boom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 am

I misred that post but see it now, i did not realize you were messing with the source code...thought you were messing with some of the plugin variables within l3dt to get it to go. I just map for a project using the engine.
dr_boom

Postby MDynna » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Oh, yeah. This is certainly a source change. Though if you own L3DT Pro (which it appears you do) then I can release a compiled version of my changes once I'm done.
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby dr_boom » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Yes i do. That's very generous of you to release it as well and much appreciated. :D

Thanks!
dr_boom

Postby MDynna » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Ok, TGEA 1.02 has been released and I finally got my hands on the latest source code for this plugin, and after approximately 30 seconds of work I fixed the plugin.

What's that you say? Why could I fix it so quickly? Well, that's very simple. It's because the error I have been getting all along was exactly what I thought it was. Namely, after that "bigger than 2048" dialog box is shown the plugin doesn't properly check the DIALOG BOX RESULTS! Thus, it always thinks the answer is "No." I mean, for freak's sake, it's not like it was hard to replicate.

Aaron is there somewhere I can upload the new binary for everyone who owns L3DT Pro?
MDynna
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:02 am

Hi Mark,

Well done. If you send the file to me directly (aaron@bundysoft.com), I'll put it up on the pro downloads page - at least until GG updates the 'official' build, which I hope will be shortly.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Thanks Mark,

Your updated plugin is now available for download on the Pro downloads page.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bug reports