L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

scale on design map incorrect if alternate DM/HF ratio selec

Please report software faults here.

scale on design map incorrect if alternate DM/HF ratio selec

Postby fusi » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi Aaron

ive found that if i select a (non-default) different DM/HF ratio in the design map calculation wizard, that the scale bar displayed in the resulting design map appears to be wrong - ie when creating a terrain of 4096*4096 and choosing a DM resolution on 32*32, the scale bar will show 500m and not 1km - if i choose a DM resolution of 64 it'll display the correct 1km

please correct me if this is intended functionality!

thanks
fusi

-- edit --

btw, by 'scale bar' i mean the lil bar in the bottom right that is overlayed onto the display to show the horizontal size
fusi

Postby Leon PRO » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:31 am

I have not problems with the scale bar :roll:
Do you fully know the forward and backward principles and dependences of the HFscale, Initial DM-pixel size, DM-pixel size -> HF inflate "X" ???

P.S> Your information is not full and correct. Please, write step-by-step from start to the end.
-= I am from Russia, sorry for bad English =-
Leon PRO
Luminary

Postby fusi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:46 am

hi

i guess what im trying to get at, or rather what my take on it is that - if i chose a horizontal size of 4096 with 1m resolution, i expect the terrain to be ~4km in size

the design map displays the entire map, so its displaying all of the 4km - but if i choose different hf/dm ratios, i get different scale bars - i cant make sense of it?

i thought that altering the dm/hf ratio in the calc wizard just changed the resolution of the dm map to allow for finer/coarser control?

have i totally barked up the wrong tree? :)
fusi

Postby Aaron » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Fusi,

Thanks for the bug report. I've found the fault, and will include the fix in the next beta release. I'll post back here when it's available.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby fusi » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:47 pm

cool i wasnt going crazy then :D its not a major issue, it just confused me a bit - i wasnt sure what size map id end up with.

looking forward to the next beta release!
fusi

Postby Aaron » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:12 am

Hi Fusi,

This bug should now be fixed in v2.6 beta 5, which is available on the download page. I've also re-tuned the other design/inflate algorithms to better match the output of the 64x version.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports