L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Brushes with radiused effect

It doesn't hurt to ask...

Brushes with radiused effect

Postby nicethugbert » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 pm

I request:

00] brushes in which the effect tapers off from the center of the brush to the edge of it's radius.

01] that they be invertible

02] A variety of shapes: cones, tilted planes, ....

03] A variety of decay curves

04] Brush Customizer/Builder thing

05] For DM as well as HF use.

06] Randomization function in the DM brushes, with settable range and stuff
nicethugbert
Doyen

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi nicethugbert,

Thanks for the suggestions. Could I ask you to be a little more specific as to which brushes you want and with which options? In some cases, the features you're asking for are not compatible with all brush types.

00] Some brushes do this already, e.g. Point grab, Raise, Lower, Cliffs, Perlin. The SetTo, RaiseTo and LowerTo brushes don't do this, but that's because they are intended to create flat regions at a specific height. Is there a brush you're using that you think needs this feature [ITaBYUTYTNTF] ?

01] This is implemented for Point Grab, Raise (in the form of the Lower brush), Lower (in the form of the Raise brush), Raise To and Lower To. However, it doesn't make any sense to have inversion on brushes such as Set To, Cliffs, Smooth, Perlin, Leveller, Bulldozer, and Avalanche. When you think about it, these specific brushes have no valid (or in some cases, useful) inversion. ITaBYUTYTNTF?

02] This can be done, but only for the Point Grab, Raise, Lower, Bulldozer, Leveller and LevelAt brushes. ITaBYUTYTNTF?

03] ITaBYUTYTNTF?

04] Lots of work. I'll think about it.

05] It's on the to do list.

06] Discussed previously. Same answer as before.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby nicethugbert » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:41 pm

It's been awhile since I wrote this so I've lost track of what I was thinking. I do remember that using the brushes on the Height Field destroys a lot of detail that I have no skill in restoring.

I still have a use for the randomization brush for all DM parameters (except climate & spec. type/params). I'm being given http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2559919/wip_map_HM.png and http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2559919/wip_map_3.jpg with the expectation of making into an NWN2 area.
nicethugbert
Doyen

Return to Feature requests