L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Multi-Terrain export for T3D

It doesn't hurt to ask...

Multi-Terrain export for T3D

Postby chieling » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:47 am

Aaron:

While MegaTerrain isnt supported by T3D, I think that the ability to have maps side by side that have matching edges is very important.

I think a good feature would be to either see, or even better, be able to select what areas are that are being exported. At the moment, during an export, you select the size of the tiles you want exported. it then tiles the whole map according to that size. however, what if you wanted a map tile to cover a certain specific area ONLY and the next map tile to cover another area? as it stands, there is no way to see whats being tiled. this would at least help in deciding if the seperate smaller maps will be in the correct spot.

what would be IDEAL in my opinion would be the ability to place a "map selector" over the areas you want to have "tiled" and have just those tiles exported. this would allow the creation of a continent and then to choose what parts of that continent are in what map tiles. ie: possibly on the select screen that you choose the terrain size, you can also choose a grid configuration. So that you can choose 2048 terrains, 2 across and 2 down (4 terrains- 2048 each) and you can plop that on the map where you want them exported.

Do you see something like this as even possible?
chieling
Contributing member

Re: Multi-Terrain export for T3D

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi Chieling,

Thanks ofr the suggestion. I'll pop this on the to-do list.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Multi-Terrain export for T3D

Postby chieling » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:21 pm

ty much Aaron!

I appreciate all your hard work :)
chieling
Contributing member

Return to Feature requests