L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Sandbox and Sandbox2 - Crysis/Crysis 2 - Maps

It doesn't hurt to ask...

Sandbox and Sandbox2 - Crysis/Crysis 2 - Maps

Postby reduar01 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Can L3DT be used on JPG files of terrains, scenes, backgrounds, etc. to create maps in Sandbox/Sandbox2? I see some really great Sci-Fi/surreal JPG all over the net that seem to be great to import/transfer/translate into a Crysis map. If L3DT cannot be used for that, I welcome any suggestions/recommendations. I appreciate any assistance in advance!!
reduar01

Re: Sandbox and Sandbox2 - Crysis/Crysis 2 - Maps

Postby Telarus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:24 am

http://doc.crydev.net/SandboxManual/fra ... rrain.html

Terrain Editing Window

Import Heightmap
Lets you import a 16 bit greyscale .raw image to be used as new heightmap (the size of the heightmap must be the equal or smaller than the current heightmap resolution.

There are also some help sections on importing terrain paint layers (which you can generate as "alpha maps" with L3DT and then plug i your own custom textures in CryEngine2).

I haven't played much with CryEngine2.... but most of the workflows seem similar from 15 minutes reading the help file. Good luck and prepare for a lot of reading. :D
Telarus
Doyen

Re: Sandbox and Sandbox2 - Crysis/Crysis 2 - Maps

Postby reduar01 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks so much Telarus!! I didn't see you say no, so I'll forge on and read what you suggest and give it a try. It will make the gaming experience much more than what it is now!!
reduar01

Return to Feature requests