L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

HM to DM

It doesn't hurt to ask...

HM to DM

Postby Nagual » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 am

It's certainly possible that I may be missing something, however while playing around making various maps I've often thought it would be nice to go back into the DM to add various erosion or other settings to land that I've altered or created. How to do this? There is an option in Operations -> Design Map -> Generate from HM, but this is greyed out.

Being able to 'work backwards' as it were, while not exactly a solid workflow, would be of great benefit. As I often find that even carefully planned landscapes will get altered during the tweaking process.

Nag.
Nagual

Re: HM to DM

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Nagual,

Sorry, this seems to be a bug. If you use the 'File->Close->Close map layer' option to close the design map, you will then be able to generate the design map from the heightfield. For the next release I will make sure the option is not greyed out in this circumstance, but instead asks you to confirm overwriting of the design map.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Nagual » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks once again Aaron, this is good to know.

Nag.
Nagual

Postby Aaron » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Nagual,

I've fixed this problem in the latest developmental build of L3DT Pro (v12.09 build 1), which is on the downloads page now.

Thank you for the bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Feature requests