L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Greater Resolution in Sapphire.

It doesn't hurt to ask...

Greater Resolution in Sapphire.

Postby Nagual » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:11 am

I've grown to really like L3DT, however one thing I don't understand is the lack of resolution in Sapphire. The best example I can give for this is as follows.

After creating DM and tweaking the HM with various raises, lowers, and noise in Sapphire, quite often there appears to be no change in the landscape in Sapphires 3D editor. The slightest click of a button has no visible effects. I know this isn't the case when I export the map and use it with my application. This doesn't sounds like a major problem, as I could just blindly apply - unfortunately one downside to doing this blind, can have the effect of 'tool marks' appearing on the landscape i.e. round edged areas with perlin noise within the circle. I can't see these in Sapphire, only in game / game editor.

If my admittedly vague descriptions aren't too clear, I can create a couple of screenies - stupidly I've not long cleared out my work files of unused 'stuff'

Nag.
Nagual

Re: Greater Resolution in Sapphire.

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Nagual,

Have you tried increasing the tessellation accuracy using the + button?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Greater Resolution in Sapphire.

Postby Nagual » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you Aaron, I was unware of that, obviously. I did however look through the drop down menus looking for something along those lines. That gave me the level of detail I needed. :)
Nagual

Return to Feature requests