L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

wee suggestions

It doesn't hurt to ask...

wee suggestions

Postby monks » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:08 pm

I got lots of Log Errors when importing a 4097ter. I know L3DT does not support this but wouldn't a better way of handling the errors be to bring up the resampling dialog (or a variant)- ? 4097 is used sometimes by other apps.

//edit: hotkeys for View >Show Map > map would very handy.

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:22 am

Hi Monks,

L3DT does support import of 4097 TER, or at least is supposed to. Can you sent me the error log?

Wouldn't a better way of handling the errors be to bring up the resampling dialog (or a variant)- ? 4097 is used sometimes by other apps.

Uh, probably. Oh, no, wait...that would require plugin developers to implement that, since the loading and map initialisation all happens in plugins. I might be able to do this on *some* of my plugins, however.

Another option would be to load the map into a mosaic, which means any file size would be supported. Again, this is something that would have to be done by the plugin developers.

As for hotkeys for viewing maps, I'll have a go now. (edit: done; see shortcut table.)

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:03 pm

Hi Aaron,

L3DT does support import of 4097 TER, or at least is supposed to. Can you sent me the error log?

Ok.

As for hotkeys for viewing maps, I'll have a go now. (edit: done; see shortcut table.)

Nice, the Ctrl+D is very standard. For the Show Maps ideally I'd prefer something like 1=DM, 2=HM, 3=WM, etc- just like hotkeys to your weapons in a FPS (OK it's apples and oranges!)- maybe even extend that to a toggle??. That would give more prominence to the maps in the program I suppose- sandboxes- kind of like the centre of the show. You might not see things like that of course. That's an improvement though. :)

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:38 pm

The new mipmapping code caused the errors with 4097x terrain. Fixed in next update.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Feature requests