L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Kerkythea exporter

It doesn't hurt to ask...

Kerkythea exporter

Postby notareal » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:52 am

Few months ago did find a great and very capable free renderer, Kerkythea. I hope there would be a exporter for it. Could be native, but .obj or .3ds is fine too.
notareal
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:12 am

Hi Notareal,

A 3DS exporter is on the plugin request page, so hopefully some brilliant developer will gather up some mojo and write said plugin. If not, I'll look at it later in the year.

At the moment I think the recommended 3DS export path is to write the height data out as TER files, then use the TER-to-blend script in Blender (free) to import the heightfield, and then save as 3DS.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby notareal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm

aaron wrote:Hi Notareal,

A 3DS exporter is on the plugin request page, so hopefully some brilliant developer will gather up some mojo and write said plugin. If not, I'll look at it later in the year.

At the moment I think the recommended 3DS export path is to write the height data out as TER files, then use the TER-to-blend script in Blender (free) to import the heightfield, and then save as 3DS.

Best regards,
Aaron.

Good to hear.

Sadly, for many blender is a pita to use because it's unique GUI (no doubt that it has really great features), guess I have to try TER-to-blend script or hope there will be TER-to-SkechUp script. Anyway, for 3DS exporter, I hope that exporter will correctly UV map textures.
notareal
Contributing member

Return to Feature requests