L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

climates

It doesn't hurt to ask...

climates

Postby dead.rabit » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:29 am

i know it seems kind of selfish, but the majority of the people who have L3DT use it for some kind of purpose.

im only just begining to learn how to make climates, thus far im not that great, but im getting more used to it.

what i mean is this. it'd be great if everybody uploaded there custom climates, that way, you can learn from the techniques of others. and create a greater veriety of textures.

so i was thinking of maybe a greater insentive for people to upload there climates.

maybe a competition (similar to image of the month)
making it easier to upload climates (maybe a link within L3DT)
or even so much as adding a link to the main title-bar to download climates

please leave constructive comments
thanks alot
D.R
dead.rabit

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi DR,

Climate of the month competition? If there's sufficient interest form other users, then sure, that would be great. I've also just made a climate development forum, and I'll shortly be moving all climate-esque threads to there (including this one).

The reason there's no menu option in L3DT to link to the on-line climate repository is that no-one else has uploaded a climate to said repository. Chicken and egg problem, perhaps.

If you're using Firefox, Opera, Safari, Konqueror, or IE7, there is a link in the site menu bar, under 'wiki->climate repository'. Alas, IE6 doesn't support the CSS menu, so some users won't see it without clicking on the 'wiki' button.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Feature requests