L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

My projects

What are you up to?

My projects

Postby Rofar » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:46 am

I have too many projects I think. For awhile I was focused pretty good on building a game engine so that was really my main project. As much as I enjoy doing that, I started to get the itch to create a game instead of just doing engine code. The engine is never going to be finished. It's just a fun project and will be a WIP forever. Heck, I can't get satisfied enough with the terrain rendering part of it to move on to other cool stuff.

Now I have taken a break from that and I'm playing with RealmCrafter and trying to build a little hobby game.

Oh, and don't worry Aaron, I was on the rocking chair a long time ago.
Rofar
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:39 am

Hmmm...My experience was kind of similar, but a little in reverse. I wanted to make a big 3D RTS (as you did, before MMORPGs were invented). First, I though, I'll make a simple terrain generator so that I've got some maps to play with. That was a fateful decision. I never did get much done on that game, but I live in hope that one day I might make another start.

The engine is never going to be finished. It's just a fun project and will be a WIP forever.

I know how you feel. I'm not sure L3DT will ever be truly 'finished' either, though one day I might get sick of it and open-source the bugger.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Users' projects