L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Rieen

What are you up to?

Rieen

Postby demi » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:44 am

I called it Rieen but the name may change.

I started dreaming of a game in 1984. LOL

Anyway, I found that in order to program a game I needed to learn to program. I studied BASIC and assembly for a period of 9 years then started with C and C++.

I wrote a lot of utilities and made mods to other games but my game idea sat in the corner gathering dust because I could never could find the right tools. I spent more time writing stuff to make the game work than working on the thing. In 1999 I started to work on the game for real but my idea of a game world and what could be done were night and day. Until recently techonology was not there.

Well here it is a start of a massive world MMO. The key terrain is designed in L3DT and Exported to X. The .x is imported into Blender where it is decimetered patched and textured. The real testure is DDS of course. The entire game world right now is 4096 - 512 tile squares and what is in this picture is ONE square! err. I need to reduce the thing :lol: It is to dang big.

I am now reworking the terrain from 32768 x 32768 to 8192 x 8192.

http://www.kaneva.com/publicProfile/pro ... protab=pro

Sorry for the long wind,

Demi
demi
Oracle

Postby Nyth » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:45 pm

How did you get blender to import .x?
Nyth

Postby demi » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:41 pm

Nyth wrote:How did you get blender to import .x?

Directx8 under import. Blender is bundled with Directx import/export script.

Demi
demi
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am

Hi Demi,

Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. Welcome, of course, and good luck with your project. Can you tell us a little more about it? I'm guessing from the screenshot in the gallery that it will be an action / RPG game, yes?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby demi » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:53 pm

Currently Rieen is under reconstruction. (again) It is a MMORPG in the making. It is a slow process but by late spring I expect to have the major land mass finished. I will get more involved with the project now that the game engine has been streamlined and L3DT updates have made it a much easier process. THANK YOU for your hard work on L3DT!

Demi
demi
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:48 am

Hi Demi,

I'm glad the updates have helped.
Good luck with the rebuild!

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Users' projects