L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

ZeoGraph island generator

What are you up to?

ZeoGraph island generator

Postby David Walters » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:54 am

Hi all, I made use of ZeoGraph to make a quick island generator.

Here's the graph itself, I hope it comes in handy for someone looking to make an island.
http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/share/Island.zgraph

Simply double click the values on the left to control the map size, noise key (try various values to get different islands) and some controls over the base and crag / ridge heights. There are a also few other values that you might want to tweak such as the offsetting used to submerge the edges of the island and the 'power' operator applied to the crag layer.

Regards,
David Walters
David Walters
Doyen

Re: ZeoGraph island generator

Postby David Walters » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am

I've updated the graph to work properly with different map sizes. There was a problem with the cone generator that was preventing it.

The link above now points to the updated version.
David Walters
Doyen

Postby Telarus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Wow, pretty cool there David. I'll have to check this out.
Telarus
Doyen

Postby David Walters » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks, one thing I'm not too happy with is the lack of beaches in my example image but I think it's a reasonably good base mesh to work from.

I think for beaches I might try replacing the 'cone' node with the 'gaussian' one to see if it has a more interesting shape. Perhaps taking it further by building a combination of cones with power functions to make a more interesting cubic looking or off-centre 'control map'.

This is what I love about ZeoGraph is that it's very easy to add the complexity you need to get the result you need.
David Walters
Doyen

Return to Users' projects