L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Akanaar Neverwinter Nights Project

What are you up to?

Akanaar Neverwinter Nights Project

Postby Shealladh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:08 pm

I am planning on using the new features of L3DT to import/export heightfield data for the upcoming Neverwinter Nights 2 aka nwn2.

I have just joined akanaar and will be hosting one of the first two servers for this rpg game. We are in need of more plugins and look forward to seeing what this holds in the future and to be able to help enhance Aaron's enthusiasm :D

If you'd like to drop in and see what we have planned goto http://akanaar-nwn.net although not much up atm, we are in the early stages of design, so more to come soon.
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:48 pm

WoW Shealladh,

OK I am very impressed. That is not only some very fine concept art and design, but a very well done Interface design on your website itself as well, with hella quick loading and yet very fine art. WOW I am impressed and can't wait to see more of not just the game Neverwinter Nights 2, but your company in general. Now that you are in and have shown your talent with incredible art, how bout entering one of your experiments in the art contest we do monthly? /grins........can't wait to see what you enter......yum yum.

My programmer would love to see that code. You did that website in CSS files right? with php? Very well done. /cheers & whistles

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Joshua » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:29 am

I didn't catch any original artwork on that site. Maybe I missed something :wink: .
Joshua
Luminary

Postby Shealladh » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:08 pm

Joshua wrote:I didn't catch any original artwork on that site. Maybe I missed something :wink: .

Good point, this is in no way original artwork atm and is being used by the author's father to setup the website.

We will be using orinal public domain artwork for the timebeing and exapanding it all from there.
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby Shealladh » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:40 pm

DeathTwister wrote:WoW Shealladh,

OK I am very impressed. That is not only some very fine concept art and design, but a very well done Interface design on your website itself as well, with hella quick loading and yet very fine art. WOW I am impressed and can't wait to see more of not just the game Neverwinter Nights 2, but your company in general. Now that you are in and have shown your talent with incredible art, how bout entering one of your experiments in the art contest we do monthly? /grins........can't wait to see what you enter......yum yum.

All artwork is public domain and from various libraries, we will be adding all manner of graphics for the required sections as we get them done but most of this won't happen until we get the ToolSet in the next day or so (preordered) and we can begin seeing what nwn2 will actually allow us to accomplish as far as the PW (Persistant World) goes.

Atm, I've started to design the Intro Movie that we might be using, it all comes down to Aaron's tool for me to accomplish what I drew up the other night. Also going to be using TerraGen, and compiled into 3d max for overlaying.

Have a look here for those renders;

http://akanaar-nwn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=233 There will be more soon.

My programmer would love to see that code. You did that website in CSS files right? with php? Very well done. /cheers & whistles

DeathTwister :twisted:

Not sure about the coding used m8 but I shall ask if you like. We are aiming for a very upto date site, more soon...
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:19 pm

Hay there,

Great I am going there right now and registering with ya to check it out more.
My web/programmer partner looked a little more at your website and it does look like just .htm files, but dang it sure acts like CSS files, hahaha good work on the web pages so far. Maybe get the roll overs to be a bit brighter is all, I know I have the same problems sometimes with that myself, err still do.

OK I have joined the forum there on your web site, where do I go to uplaod and check out the anamay you have made? and Wow nice setup you guys have, I am still impressed, /winks.

Any chance of being on the Beta testing team and be able to play it? /drools allot thinking bout it.
By the way we are about ready to ask for artists to help us Beta Test our LeGalleria website soon as we get the Servers up, I hope in next Month or 2 at the latsest. 3D art gallery hear we come hahahahahaha. Just need or add "Doe Ray Me".

I will wait for links and info here, before I post anything on your site /chuckles......

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:07 pm

DeathTwister wrote:Hay there,

Great I am going there right now and registering with ya to check it out more.
My web/programmer partner looked a little more at your website and it does look like just .htm files, but dang it sure acts like CSS files, hahaha good work on the web pages so far. Maybe get the roll overs to be a bit brighter is all, I know I have the same problems sometimes with that myself, err still do.

OK I have joined the forum there on your web site, where do I go to uplaod and check out the anamay you have made? and Wow nice setup you guys have, I am still impressed, /winks.

Any chance of being on the Beta testing team and be able to play it? /drools allot thinking bout it.
By the way we are about ready to ask for artists to help us Beta Test our LeGalleria website soon as we get the Servers up, I hope in next Month or 2 at the latsest. 3D art gallery hear we come hahahahahaha. Just need or add "Doe Ray Me".

I will wait for links and info here, before I post anything on your site /chuckles......

We have only just recieving the NWN2 ToolSet mate, so hopefully things will begin to heat up this month and our schedule can be determined for releasing more.

There is so much to be done at this point I won't waste your time telling you what is planned, but drop in for a chat on our forums and we can discuss this more.

Glad you liked the site.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:14 pm

U got it Mate /smiles

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:48 pm

I am told by an email yesterday that my nwn has been shipped to me (paid for courior) and be coming my way today so I thought that I'd post that I am still working on Akanaar as we speak.

Once it arrives I can really start pushing out pics, and using L3DT alot more. I shall come back soon when my modem also arrives (borrowed net atm) also.

Sorry for any delays ;)
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby Shealladh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:22 am

After waiting for ages for my new modem it has arrived. Although I had router problems to begin with, another 4 days of tweaking and learning the basics of routing I've got NWN2 online and showing up in GameSpy.

I've posted a poll for those who wish to try it out and how to connect etc. over at the Akanaar forum so if you are looking for a nwn2 PW we are at least online.

I will also continue to use Aaron's excellent tool once I get back to Area building. More soon.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:42 pm

Cheers Shealladh for getting back online, Ya hoo.....I know the feeling you went through /smiles.
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:15 am

Hi Shealladh,

Welcome back, and congratulations on your on-line-edness. My memory is shot right now; were there any outstanding feature requests for NWN2 modders?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Shealladh » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:02 am

aaron wrote:Hi Shealladh,

Welcome back, and congratulations on your on-line-edness. My memory is shot right now; were there any outstanding feature requests for NWN2 modders?

Cheers,
Aaron.

Probably in the near future mate, but everyone is trying to get the PW's up and running.

After 4 days I got mine to show up on GameSpy, so if you see Shealladh's Server under the Lite section, that's me ;)

Haven't had that much time and not a chance to come back here. I like the new upcoming features btw.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby notareal » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:38 pm

aaron wrote:Hi Shealladh,

Cheers,
Aaron.

These are features I could use for NWN2
- Selective Mosaic Rendering
- Splitting a project to new overlapping projects/"tiles" aka jack.dingler plugin
- Road paths
- Rivers and Terrain Heightfield Editing
- Vegetation mapping
notareal
Contributing member

Postby Shealladh » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:32 am

notareal wrote:
These are features I could use for NWN2
- Selective Mosaic Rendering
- Splitting a project to new overlapping projects/"tiles" aka jack.dingler plugin
- Road paths
- Rivers and Terrain Heightfield Editing
- Vegetation mapping

Well out of that list, vegetation and roads would be a boon. Having a units converter to nwn2 units would be good too. Has anyone thought about direct 3Dmax exporting so that when the plugins become available we can load them via passing through max, ie. export from L3DT to Max, import to NWN2?

My biggest gripe atm is water and how it's generated. Our world map was imported from Fractal Terrains and to get the Lake and Ocean differences is a nightmare. Lakes that are miles inland are converted into inland seas (why).

So there are things on my wishlist but I haven't had much of a chance to really break them down and be able to help point someone in the right direction into fixing these issues.

Anther idea would be having a plugin that directly exports the various nwn2 file formats, terrain, water, etc. into a directory that could then be imported directly by the ToolSet.

Vegetation would be made as object/placeable files to be imported but I have limited understanding of the internals of nwn2 so far, so I haven't asked because I believe in give and take, not just ask, ask, ask ;)

When I do get some time (after tomorrow) I should be able to really get stuck into things again. I think I need a holiday, but just resigning from my job, I don't have a choice but to push forward without one...
Shealladh
Contributing member

Next

Return to Users' projects