L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

More Neverwinter Nights 2

What are you up to?

More Neverwinter Nights 2

Postby Shealladh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:26 pm

hiya Aaron and everyone, I came across a nice image by another fellow nwn2 fan that is using your tool;

The power of useful plug-ins

From this

To this

And as a side note, there is a new nwn2 plugin out which applies water as you want it;

WaterMill v1.0
Author tani
Submitted / Updated 01-10-2007 / 01-11-2007
Category Toolset
Date Submitted 2007-01-10 18:01:33
SourceIncluded NA
Patch 1.03
Description
this plugin will help you overcome the toolsets current limitations on painting and editing water at exterior maps.

WaterMill lets you create rivers, running down hills, or terraced ponds at deliberate levels - on the same tile! you can even create multiple overlapping water-surfaces, giving each it's own set of color, flow rate and directions...

i included a small "quickstart" manual as pdf, which will soon grow to a full featured guide - please be patient, there's a lot to be said about WaterMill and water in the toolset. right now you'll have to find out a lot of things on your own... do you like beeing pioneers?

this plugin was compiled and linked to toolset 1.03 (840). it is to be considered "beta" quality, which means that our pw is using it quite succesfull, but it's still work in progress.

if you use my other tools TerraCoppa or ERFinder, please get the latest versions. they are aware of WaterMills way to extend nwn2's module file, but earlier versions were build on incompatible fileformats.

ah, and please keep in mind: i'm cheating the electron engine, so anything could happen...!

You might even be able to find a new way of applying water features using this method 8)

You'll notice that I have a new home too, we are gathering 3d modelers and other artists for custom content work, see my sig.
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Does Water Mill work with L3DT? and is it stand alone or does it work in another engine? How does this all work? /smiles....more info please hahaha.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:32 pm

DeathTwister wrote:Does Water Mill work with L3DT? and is it stand alone or does it work in another engine? How does this all work? /smiles....more info please hahaha.

DT

WaterMill is for the nwn2 ToolSet only, I wished that it did work for L3DT. The reason I posted it here was two-fold.

1) To show those using L3DT for nwn2
2) As an idea for Aaron or someone else how they could come up with another tool/way to create a layer.

Although I am in no way a coder, and so do not understand the process in which it could be adapted.
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:40 pm

Ah very cool,

KK well it sure looks like something we could use /winks....

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:21 pm

DeathTwister wrote:Ah very cool,

KK well it sure looks like something we could use /winks....

DT

It was a twofold idea in posting, I thought those doing nwn2 things could use water in a different way, but also those wanting to "get" ideas from the watermesh could also look into it.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:55 am

Hi Shealladh,

Thanks for the info. If all goes well with other things, I'll get to look at river flooding some time in the middle of the year. Technically, we have all the structures and formats in place to deal with non-flat water (ref: the water table), but we're lacking an algo that will flood the river courses. I have an old algorithm that could be bashed into shape, but that will take time, and there are higher priorities at the moment. Kudos will go to any plugin developer that beats me to the monkey-punch.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Shealladh » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:06 am

aaron wrote:Hi Shealladh,

Thanks for the info. If all goes well with other things, I'll get to look at river flooding some time in the middle of the year. Technically, we have all the structures and formats in place to deal with non-flat water (ref: the water table), but we're lacking an algo that will flood the river courses. I have an old algorithm that could be bashed into shape, but that will take time, and there are higher priorities at the moment. Kudos will go to any plugin developer that beats me to the monkey-punch.

Cheers,
Aaron.

No worries mate. I have a couple of programmers apart of our new team, all I need to do is get one of them to make a plugin for L3DT and expand on features for this to be really viable, yet there seems to be a waiting period for support from Obsidian atm.

So all I can do is get our group making creatures and such in preparation for more tools to make a PW viable.

I am also collecting as much as I can about the functions of nwn2 as people uncover these tricks and tips, so as they unfold I'll keep you informed.

If anyone pops over the MRC you can look at what we're doing in regards to models and as soon as I can get a chance to get back to landscaping nwn2, I'll also be posting pictures. The one want of me by the DEN group is getting caves rendered, just wish I had a tool that was as easy to use as L3DT for caverns ;)
Shealladh
Contributing member

Return to Users' projects