L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

How to Post User Gallery Art Screens?

What are you up to?

How to Post User Gallery Art Screens?

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:26 am

Aaron brother,

I was wondering where to post Graphics for the User Art Gallery? I had 2 to start and I will be posting projects here later from the TSE engine like these other gentlemen artists I see. Woot good work.

Purple haze is one I wanted to share in gallerey:

And I wanted to share Le Galleria:

I wasn't sure where to go to sunmit them.

DeathTwister :twisted:
The mind concieves the body follows..
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:26 am

Hi DeathTwister,

Lovely images! Did you use your own custom climate for the first one?

It’s pretty simple. Click on the ‘users gallery’ link on the side-menu, click on the 'upload file' button (top-right, next to 'logout'), enter the file names, choose the album* and enter the file description, and you're done!

* The two public albums are the showcase galleries for artists and for developers. If you want to create an album for your own work (recommended if you're going to be posting more than, say, two or three images in one go), click on the 'Create / order my albums' button, click 'new', and then set the album name. Now this album will appear in the dropdown list when you upload your files.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Doh,

Ok I clicked on log in just fine and then I go to the user's gallery and I see no upload file butten anyware next to the log-out butten.
It also shows I am not logged in as well again, and everytime I re-try and get logged in it takes me back to the same spot and need to log back in. Help mr wizard hahahahahaa......
I think I am going to go do a ride about on my mountain Bike and go ride 18 miles today up a nice Sequoya canyon called Wilson Creek I know. Hah not such a creek at the moment but more like a raging river ROTFL. I'll get back to figureing out where that dang up-load butten is later ROTFL.
OOh by the way thanks for the compliment bro muchly appreciated. /chuckles, I am just getting started with this puppy of yours.

OOh before I forget I noticed there was a butten that is not activated yet. What is it for? and I was wondering about the inviroments and such as well with more buttens to play with?? What is Toggle Elements in the viewer going to do if anything??
Another thought is how do people get the camera to use other settings? like free form, and the one that is now fixed height? I see something like that in some of the screen shots? I didn't see any camera settings anywhere to change these values?
Is there another way besides photoshop that I can use mapping in the L3DT program before I export out for the TSE engine? Or an import feature for Textured terrains maybe?
I am not exactly sure what I am asking for really but it would be very sweet to have more control over the terrain texturing and mapping in this program.
I will look at the Tuts you have more before I post anything more. I am having a gass with this baby thanks for leting me share with you all.

DeathTwister AKA Maylock Aromy Stansbury
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:21 pm

-DeathTwister, like your pics- they're very pleasing to the eye.
I seem to recall your name- I see you registered at MEDEM :wink:

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby test user » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:47 am

Hello,

Aaron here. I'm just testing the forum and gallery login system again. It seems to be OK still. Anyhoo, if your forum login session isn't being carried across to the gallery (which is what I suspect is happening), I think you might need to kill your browser cookies for "bundysoft.com" and "www.bundysoft.com". Before we get to that, though, please try this:

1) log out from the forum.
2) Go to the gallery, and click on the 'login' button.
3) Enter your username and password (the gallery uses the forum login).
4) Return to the gallery, and try the file upload again (if the button hasn't appeared, you'll need to nuke your cookies).

Cheers,
Aaron.
test user

Postby Q-dad » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:26 pm

I've got the same problem, and I believe it's cookie related. However, it doesn't help removing the www.bundysoft.com cookie before accepting a new one, and I don't have a cookie for bundysoft.com, so can't delete that one...

No matter how I try going to the User's gallery page, I always have a Login button visible top right in there. If I use it to log in, it brings me to the forum page, and I'm indeed logged in, but when I go back to the User's gallery page, it looks like I'm logged out again, and no upload button is visible, only the Login button.
Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Q-dad » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:37 pm

If I go to the User's wiki page, it seem's to be working, and at the bottom left it says "Logged in as Q-dad". Maybe you could add something similar bottom left for the User's gallery page as well? It won't solve the problem, but at least it'll confirm if one is logged in or not on that page...
Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:57 am

Hello,

Yup, it does look like the gallery cookies are still a bit wonky. Just then, when I logged in through the forum, the gallery wasn't acknowledging the login. I had to go to the forum, log-out, then go to the gallery and log-in. That worked.

Q-dad wrote:If I go to the User's wiki page, it seems to be working, and at the bottom left it says "Logged in as Q-dad". Maybe you could add something similar bottom left for the User's gallery page as well? It won't solve the problem, but at least it'll confirm if one is logged in or not on that page...

Yeah, the wiki does things properly. I might have a look at that code to see how it's done. And yes, when you are logged into the gallery the login button changes to 'logout Q-dad' (for example).

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

NEW terrains

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Hay Aaron,

well none of that seems to be working for me :cry: OOh well. OK so I will popst a few here untill the upload butten can be fixed so I won't post as many as I was going to.

Again aaron I hope you like them enough to post them in your gallery. These do not have the bmping on them, but they are pretty good I thought without them so I thought I would share these anyway then later I will redo them to the bmp map version.

My programmer is geting testy with me for side tracking with all this and wants me back to making charectors and f the buildings so we can release our 3d Art gallery and get it online in 2-3 months tops.

This is the Rapture Series I have been working on:

Number2

Number3

Then we have the GreenLight Series I have been working on.
Number1

Number2

Number3

Number4

as you can see I have been playing with the textures in this program some. Not the actual textures in the L3DT folders yet. I'll do that later next week sometime. After I rendered the main Texture out I took it into Photo Shop and had my way with it. If anyone is interested I am planning if I get enough peeps that want to know, to Do a Tutorial on how I did the terrain graphic editing. FYI, I used L3DT, Bryce5 and PhotoShop CS to make and then back to the L3DT viewer.

also in the next week I will post on our free resource download page on our website the Skies I have used in the scenes as well, and maybe a few more I haven't used yet I made for L3DT viewer.

Not sure if posteing the textures is such a good idea as they are huge suckers and not really into keeping them on our website. Maybe after we get up our own server in the next few weeks, but right now we have constraints as to how much chit we can have on the site ATM. Contact me through my email if you have need of those kinds of textures I gues?

OK have fun guys & thanks for letting me bend your ears and eyeballs a bit.

DeathTwister :twisted:
Man has to believe in himself first, before he can believe and recreate his own and others realities.
Maylock Aromy Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions
Klamath, CA.
maylock@theatomizer.com
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Users' projects