L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Terrains Bumped

What are you up to?

Terrains Bumped

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:06 pm

WOOO HOOO,

Nice feature Aaron WTG dude. with the bump mapping OK, I cannot figure out how to post any of this art on the web site right now. The user gallery does not seem to have a upload butten for some reason, and I can't log in to the user gallery at all?? It keeps coming back to the login screen.

WOOT, here are a few posts of screens with the bumping feature.
The first 2 are from what I call the drifting series and all these terrains will be going into TSE soon for a new Video game we are working on. We will post all that when we are ready.

Then this one also....

Then the next one, Passion series is a bit diferent. with the terrain a bit more psycho. I have messed with both textures on the terrains besides the bump mapping that was added FYI.

And:

This is just a few of the bumped screens I have done since yesterday when I downloaded the new pro version. Awesome brother simply awesome, you the Ogre, err da Man :roll: well all that I am going to post on this forum at this time anyway. :wink:

Aaron would you get these posts to the Gallery for me please since I can't get in to download them to ya at this time? That is if you like them anyway. I hope they are good enough quality for ya.

I will post a few more on my other post I have running but I didn't want to get the bumped ones confused from the other ones that aren't but hella fun to do. I have left them at 1024 as I noticed the ones on the gallery are the same, or I would hAve posted them much smaller like 640 or so.

Hay there January 23, 2006: I did another terrain and bumped this one as well with the GreenLight series. I hope these can get posted as well?

And then this other one and I am done posting untill I can get a page set up and show people from there.

Hope you all enjoy all these as much as I did making them.

DeathTwister
Man has to believe in himself first, before he can believe and recreate his own and others realities.
Last edited by DeathTwister on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:52 pm

Heh, looks cool. Maybe today I'll try tearin up the bump mapping feature a bit too.
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:08 am

Hi DeathTwister,

Lovely images! I particularly like the desert ambience you achieved with your 3rd and 4th images. The green-light series has an interesting mood too. I'm a bit worried about the first two though; it looks like you've got a very high-contrast texture that looks a bit harsh (the dark grey / green / yellow one). What land type are you aiming for?

DeathTwister wrote:Aaron would you get these posts to the Gallery for me please since I can't get in to upload them to ya at this time?

As mentioned in the e-mail, I'd prefer to wait for the gallery bugs to be worked out (hopefully this week), since I can't upload with your account, and I think it's too confusing and messy if I upload your pics with my account.

On the subject of gallery bugs, the latest grasping-at-straws suggestions for fixing cookies can be found on this thread:

http://www.bundysoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20

Do any of these work for you?

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Hehehehe,

Naw I was just messing around with textures was all. Seeing what I could get away with. It goes back to my days in the Haight and ashbury scene. :wink:

Mainly I am playing around to see what I can get away with and what I can't, that was kinda like a LSD planet type hahahahahahahaha ROTFL. Sorry got carried away.

ARGG, just woke up need coffee, back after I awake.

Maylock AKA DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi Maylock,

Please don't let my previous post put you off from experimenting with textures. I'm probably a little too accustomed to the default settings, which are admittedly quite bland and inoffensive. I'm very interested to see what you (and others) can come up with.

Cheers,
Aaron.

PS: How embarrassing; I had to google for 'Haight and Ashbury'. It looks like I missed the best bits by a few decades and around 8,000 miles. :(
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Hahahahahaha /chuckles.... It's all good bro winks.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Hinklemister » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:42 pm

I like the pictures DeathTwister. Can't wait to see future things.

-Hinklemister
I'm 17 years old and make games!
Hinklemister
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:34 pm

Hay Aaron

Hay I just wanted you to know I got my files uploaded OK and thank you very very for fixing the links so we can.

/chuckles as for the 1960's movement that went down in the Haight & Ashbury, woot one day I will write a book about all that happened there from the street persons point of view. Should be interesting.
I have started some writeing on that subject allready. Not sure when I will post any of it yet before I try for a book deal, but ya just never know.........

Thanks again for fixing stuff bro, you the bomb :lol:

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

new bumped Terrain

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:28 am

Hay there guys,

Just a quick add to my post tonight. Woot great update Aaron WTG brother, lots of new stuff to get into trouble with. Hahahahaaaa...

I got into your Resourse folder today, OOPS..../smiles. Yup yup I started putting my own terrains and grounds and so on inside the resourse folder.

Wooot lots of fun and this was the end result for this post is with my Volcan series with my textures, and your "_bump files" as you don't seem to use a bumping type I am used to and I will have to go later to your Tutorial page and see if I can figure out how you made them babbies you did make. Hummmm...../winks :idea:

Ok I will just post 1 or 2 here and keep the rest on my alblum page. By the way Aaron thanks for fixing the upload pages for all the uploads for us.

Ok this is one of the new ones hope ya like them.

And this one and I will keep the rest in the gallery.

Okie Dokie guys I have a tom of Modeling to do and Characters to bone, and map, not to mention buildings that need some morter and a nail or 2, so I will be off in my mind on a journey into another world for a few days. Have fun, I will :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Re: new bumped Terrain

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:14 am

Looking good there DeathTwister!

I really like the new skies and the rebalancing of the textures.

DeathTwister wrote:I got into your Resourse folder today, OOPS..../smiles. Yup yup I started putting my own terrains and grounds and so on inside the resourse folder.

That's what it's there for. L3DT is meant to be hacked.

DeathTwister wrote:...and your "_bump files" as you don't seem to use a bumping type I am used to and I will have to go later to your Tutorial page and see if I can figure out how you made them babbies you did make. Hummmm.

Okay, I'll write a little tutorial in the next few days.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:04 am

KEWL, COOL, cool,

Your awesome dude. KK I will be watching fer one.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi DeathTwister,

The first draft of the tutorial is up:

http://www.bundysoft.com/wiki/doku.php?id=tutorials:l3dt:bumpmap

As you might be able to tell, I wrote that at 2:30am, so it's a little wacky in parts. I might come back and edit it when I'm slightly more awake and sensible.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:58 am

HAHahahahahahahaha, ROTFL

yaya just about the time I woke up this morning :roll: OOh well, but it was worth coming online to see the Tut, YAYA I will go play a bit with it this one this morning. TATA
DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks DeathTwister,

I'm glad you liked it. I guess you're the only other human to have seen it before I re-edited it to be slightly less stream-of-consciousness-rant and slightly more tutorial-esque*. I've also added some more stuff on how to specify bump-maps in the climate files, though I should probably write some more on that some time.

Cheers,
Aaron.

* Unless of course people go looking through the old revisions.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:47 pm

ROTFL,

Dude you make my morning, hahahaha OMG you are funny brother. Thanks I needed that this morning. BTW it was KEWL I liked what you had before, it gave a giggle here and there and I hope you didn't get ride of the good stuff, HAHAHAhahahahaha :wink:

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Next

Return to Users' projects