L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Megaterrain and L3DT

Cool programs, tutorials, texture libraries, et cetera.

Megaterrain and L3DT

Postby sergeymak » Thu May 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Megaterrain is a software designed to easily render very large and realistic landscapes.

Megaterrain supports height-fields up to 65536x65536 pixels and attribute maps used in L3DT! So you can easily create a terrain in L3DT and render it by Megaterrain.

Megaterrain consists of two products:
- Megaterrain Real-Time SDK (for rendering landscapes in real-time)
- Megaterrain MAX (plug-in which allows you to render landscapes in Autodesk 3ds max)

Visit our web site for more information: http://www.megaterrain.com

Some screenshots of the world generated in L3DT and rendered by Megaterrain:

http://www.megaterrain.com
sergeymak

Postby Syn » Thu May 22, 2008 3:39 pm

I'm not against buying it, but why would I when it seems L3DT can do the same thing?

I'm a bit confused...
Syn

Postby Aaron » Sun May 25, 2008 7:32 am

Hi Sergeymak,

Well done, Megaterrain looks like a very pretty renderer. I look forward to the DX9/XP version, as I've not yet downgraded to Vista.

Syn wrote:I'm not against buying it, but why would I when it seems L3DT can do the same thing?

As far as I can tell, Megaterrain is a realtime rendering solution (i.e. a game engine, or component thereof). It isn't a terrain generator, and therefore is not actually in competition with L3DT.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby sergeymak » Tue May 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi aaron,

It is not only realtime rendering solution. In a few weeks we a going to release a plugin for 3ds max which can be used to render landscapes in very high quality.

Also the current Megaterrain version supports DX9/XP but it has some performance problems because of complex shaders... :) You can download and try it.
sergeymak

Return to Useful resources