L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

ATOMIX Live streaming Music on the web

Rants and raves, mostly.

Postby JavaJones » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:59 pm

I thought you said you were working on setting up your own servers?

In any case the info I posted about the station earlier on media types and service in use was never shown to be wrong, so I presume it was correct. I dunno, it might have been useful. *shrug*

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:03 pm

Hay all,

It is surprising me greatly, but even with 2 good webmasters that we have working on all this stuff, it takes time to cut through red tape with other peoples web sites and servers.

JavaJones wrote:I thought you said you were working on setting up your own servers?

Hehe we are for us and all the websites we have, working on funding for us ATM, and finding some now Woo Hoo. But, the radio station is someone else's and we have had to deal with there servers. Oh yes we do have Shout cast, and again working with that other server to set it up, but we are having to go through channels.

Shon and I are going to talk with Spaceman today about after we get our own server bank started to have him come over to our server when set up so yes, we can have the control we need and we can see that we are going to need to do that to run the IMS radio station on www.indiemusicsociety.org now that we have had a little time to learn how all that radio stuff works and reading docks and the like.

Soutcast will go and run ASAP guys, but we got allot to do, and have to go through other people atm to have needs met. Other then that /chuckles things are going great and the response world wide is amazing.

JavaJones wrote:In any case the info I posted about the station earlier on media types and service in use was never shown to be wrong, so I presume it was correct. I dunno, it might have been useful. *shrug*

Yes was very good info, but Shon had found it already, haha and he knew, just getting stuff worked out. I think we have something like 10 projects going at one time atm, so it can be a bitch at times keeping track of everything we are trying to do. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Monks I will see if I can run that hawkwind album down for ya as well. If it got to the radio station studio, I will find it. There is a DJ named Bill I believe that has a copy at least of one album, but where it is is the mystery hahaha. KK guys I am off, I will be sharing new music today around 2-6PM PST today if all goes well. Waiting for mail I hope to bring 2 more albums to play on the radio station and in the next 48 hours or so we should have http://www.indiemusicsociety.org up with it's own domain and taking email entries for beta testing on the website. Having a spot of trouble getting the .org to go where we want, but the .com is good, so we will figure it out hahahaha.

If anyone has Music they want to get on the radio station and want to be part of all this give me a email shout and I will tell you where to send your CDs to me, but make sure you have it all copyright protected and all the yada yadas ok? Even if it is just a poor mans copyright is good and better then nothing. But send me a MP3 first after you email me. OK gotta go guys see ya laterz on da radio.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:17 pm

Just a quick note guys,

OK we have http://www.indiemusicsociety.com up and running. For some reason, we are having a spot of trouble with our .org, but it will soon default and be .org and all should default to .org when it gets fixed, so .com, .net and .org should all when finished take you to the music portal.

We are now taking Bands and music artists, DJ's and the like for beta testing so email us if you want to share your music with the world and I am working on a press statment here in the next week or so.

some bands going to be online with IMS so far are:

Scot Huckabay
Gaia Consort
Young Caprice
Heather Cox
Radio Fiction
Wild Animus
Maylock & Shon

and many more new artists in the last few days OTW, and I am waiting on CDs to get here to listen to them for now as we get set up. The responce has been amazing for us and we are very excited about all this as it is starting to take a life all of it's own now. And we just got it up less then 24 hours ROTFL, Oh yes this is going to be fun to build this baby. So keep tuned into http://www.takilmafm.com as we are going to link up with them and yes we are also working on server fixes for some of the stuff we have been having trouble with that site some. Going to be doing live interviews Friday night here if all goes well, so tune in for fun. Sorry for peeps on the other side of the planet though. Should be interviews with Scot Huckabay and Gia Consort, with Young Caprice if I get there EP in time.

Lots to do /chuckles. KK back to regular work for me today finally and I get to go look at what Javajones has set up on the texture project, thanks dude for the help here /smiles.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Hay all,

OK I make this quick, have way to much to do today after me being gone so long.

OK Java brother, We do have shout cast in our software package and maybe one or 2 others that may even be better, but until we can buy move up to a place where there is high speed that can give us a good static IP address we can't seem to do much about some of it :cry: :cry: :cry: The reason is most of the stuff that needs changing out is on the other server and they haven't been all that helpful so far.

We have in the wings besides Media player, when we get the server up will be, Shoustcast, Live360, icecast1, icecast2, or P2P Streamer of full streaming mp3pro, mp3, ogg, and windows media. Just give us some time and all gwill get put up. I think ATM we are using MP3PRO atm. If that helps any?? Live 360 may be the best not sure yet.

ETA on our server if all goes well is around Oct firstish or so. Shon (lead programmer and web master) is looking for a place in town to set this up. If we can get it done faster believe us we will :lol: :lol: but things take time to get done right and we are working towards that end every day. So in short I hope all will bear with us so we can get all this done and your right, we will be setting up multiple streams both for radio stations both Takilma and IMS stations and at least one online TV station for the IMS web site after we get it all sust out. So in the next 3 months or so all will be worked out, so hang in there guys and sorry if your player nada work right yet. It is on the tado list believe us.

In the mean time anyone check the live show we did Friday night and then again I think around 2am for all you Euro people out there? We will try and do double duty and do the show again the next morning after we do any live shows. I played drums with a lady named Keri Moore on 3 songs impromptu as it were and then did a live interview with a band called Gaia Consort, a very good band. If you didn't get a chance to hear it email spaceman and ask him to play the live interview night last Friday night and a time when you guys are awake, and I am sure he will play it. I haven't heard it back yet so I have no idea how it sounded so maybe I will be embarrassed, maybe not about my drumming and the live show. I played the 3 songs once, then did it live on the radio, err I have no idea how I sounded.

The server farm will cost us some serious do ray me and the funds are finally here so we get to building it in the next week or so. Then all we have to do is have the place for it, kinda tricky to do but we think we have that locked down as well now. OK have fun all.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:25 am

Unless you're experienced at setting up and maintaining your own server clusters and have a good price on dedicated bandwidth in your area, it's really more cost-effective to go with leased servers. The cost of the high bandwidth alone will offset the hardware cost for the most part. As an example you can get a dedicated dual core Opteron server with a gig of RAM and a 250GB hard drive with 2000GB/mo of bandwidth for about $150:
https://www.softlayer.com/order_form/or ... TEM_PRICES[disk_system]=7

You can get "unlimited" bandwidth on a 10mbit connection for an extra $100/mo, so $250/mo gets you a single dual core server with decent specs and unlimited bandwidth, perfect for running a streaming server. Streaming audio does not take up much CPU (streaming video more so), so you could even go lighter with the CPU. It's the bandwidth that's going to kill you.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I don't know how far you're going with this stuff but I'd hate to see you waste money. A lot of people "roll their own" solutions needlessly when they could save money just leveraging someone else's existing infrastructure and support systems. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Oh btw Shoutcast is fairly generic, you can pump out just about any audio format that Winamp can output through it, including AAC which would be my format of choice for streaming audio (check out http://www.radioparadise.com/ for an example of online radio done right!). What's nice about Shoutcast is it's lightweight, fairly broadly compatible, and it allows streaming of song titles, which a lot of other systems don't do very well.

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:33 pm

Hay Javabones brother:

Java Wrote:
Oh btw Shoutcast is fairly generic, you can pump out just about any audio format that Winamp can output through it, including AAC which would be my format of choice for streaming audio (check out

Haha we are finding that we can probably get shoutcast and a few others up and running on our own servers (ones that are in use atm), but it will take a bit of time and at least 2 weeks or so as we are so swamped all of a sudden, hahaha but we happy all in all. yes we have checked into other servers and we have been real tired of all the things we have no control of and if we plan to run servers for video games and need to be on it 24/7 so we are still looking but building the first 2 blades anyway as we just kinda tired of depending on other peoples chit if you know what mean. Ok guys off and running to the next thing to do today.

We will get it set up ASAP though for you guys.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:57 pm

Hay all,

A quick update as I am in the recording Studio working on new tunes, maybe to share 1-2 this weekend if I get all done I want to.

Yes we are working on shoutcast, but the way our friend had his Server set up, it sure ain't easy :cry: , but he didn't know and we didn't meet him until after the fact :cry: , but we are working on that and Icecast as well. Not sure yet on ETA as we working on so many things at once.

Attention: http://www.indiemusicsociety.org is finally up and running. They had problems with the .org and had us under .com derrrr......... :lol: We own them all, but they figured we wanted .com and not the non-prophet one, dummies..... You can now go and register for the Beta testing and we are setting up all the goodies that will make this site fun to play in. So if you play music and have some mp3's please go and register now as we are gearing up for this and it should be a killer ride.......

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:58 pm

Hay all,

Just a quick update. http://www.indiemusicsociety.org is up running, err limping a bit but I just got the forums up and some posts to start it all. Lots to do and so IO wont bor ya with details. One problem with http://www.takilmafm.com is they have no DAT BASE on the Server..... How dumb is that?????? We just got permission to talk with them about setting up WAMP or a LAMP if it is lenex, We are sure it is windows though, so this is a pain in the zud for sure but slowly making headway so we can have Icecast and Shoutcast up and running just to start. But we are working on it ASAP guys so bear with us. If you are a musician you can now go Register and get ready for all the BETA INDIE FUN.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:47 pm

God speed with the site DT- should be great! :) As ever, not sure how much I'll be able to drop by -put gun to my head- :lol: - but I hope you get lots of punters.

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:17 pm

HAHAHA Thanks brother,

I am sure it will be a good thing for indie music. We have allready from around here, have had a huge responce from all, and has been very good and positive.

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

IMS and Takilmafm FM Radio Update!!!!!!

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 pm

Hay guys,

Sorry to not to have posted before now, and that I did post a quicky in another post, but at the time I was trying to get out the door and thought a 3in1 was a good idea. NOTE TO SELF: never think before I have had 2 cups of coffee at least and not going out doors and being late, that a bad combo.... ROTFL OOh well dunna happen often so I will live hehehe.

OK now to the Beef on IMS and Takilmafm.

http://takilmafm.com is first since I worked on them last week some. We had run into a huge snag with the data base on that radio station. We found out it had none :roll: :roll: :cry:
That means until we can get it off the server it is on, we can't set up allot of the stuff we want like IceCast and others. That and we need a data base to do allot, as I am sure those that run Servers know what we are talking about.
So while we are getting ready to switch server there are allot of stuff I could do to that website so I have updated stuff here and there and added a few new pages with cool info and that is getting larger soon as well. I have a ton of stuff that may not be exactly IMS Material, but would be great for Takilmafm. Just going through all that inc data later today.

We added some Icons, some cool scripts here and there and more to follow as we get the time. Jefry the other web guy is going to do some stuff I send him this next week so that website will grow in a good way until we are ready to really update it. That website will be done from 2 hours to 2 days depending on what a pain in the U Know where and until we do take it down, know way of knowing how long to have it back up. No don't worry we will give plenty of warning before we do.

I think we may take it down next week (Wednesday) afternoon if all goes well and see what we can do, add some software he does not have and do computer checks which have not been done since he went online and LIVE, ACH..........today is the 2nd. so one week from today it will be down for 2 hours anyway, just to get ready to move that puppy ROTFL. Spaceman is a awesome dude though and he is worth it, hahaha, them freebies you understand. Again Fame and glory, but no duckets hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

OK now for IMS:
http://indiemusicsociety.org We are having good forward movement so far, and things are starting to go faster then I can keep up with easily at the moment. That is why I will not be able to do all on Texturesource all the time this next week that I would like. I am frankly swamped on IMS atm. But hay fame and glory are not for the Squeamish of heart or fealty, I have a vision, and I will see it to the end and watch it grow to a world wide portal of good note. I had not just one dream over the years, but many dreams about this so now after 14 years of dreams it is coming to fruition and well on it's way.

Know of any other portals like this? let me know, I will join them as well and let them know about IMS /winks, and I have been over the last few months going from here to there joining this and that to get the word out, and it looks like it is paying off now, WOO HOO.....Got to keeps the fires burning now, and ramp it up.

We have revamped the main Page to more reflect where we are going with the web site. Most pages are well on there way so far. But the Resources is going to be huge by itself so over the next week I am putting almost all my energy on that section entirely. After that, we have a bunch of other stuff to do.

2 DO LIST:
1. Develop the resource page more with all the sub categories pages that go in it.
2. Set up the player on our page so people can see progress on the actual pages when it is released.
3. Start getting the scripting together so the musicians can start to input there own pages, and while we are working on that give us feedback in the forums on what they really would like to be able to do on there pages.
4. our idea is to go http://maylockandshon/indiemusicsociety.org instead of the typical way of http://myspace.com/maylockandshon We think our way is better and will come up on search engines better as well.
As an example of what we want to do. But as it stands now we have to go into the C-panel and do it all manually, and I wont know how to do that until Shon comes down next Tuesday to show me how as he comes down to vote for our election on vote Tuesday. Very important election here in the USA for those that don't live in the US. We hope to take back our country a bit, if we can get enough people out to vote and make a difference.
After I learn the C-panel trick I have a ton of artists to get going on with there pages that need to be made, so if you play music and want to be part of all this, please register at both registration spots and help us get the next generation of Music off the ground.
This is the same problem we have on Texturesource as well it looks like, so when one fix gets done, we will copy past the fix here as well.

Let's stick it to the BIG 5 (5 biggest record companies in the world) and show them INDIES can and will make a difference on this planet. Join the revolution of Indie artist around the world. We can become bigger then the big 5 in the end. We should be proud to be indie and not the way most of us feel all the time.

OK will post when we get what we want done and get to the next steps which if you watch the resource pages now you will see it all come together here soon. Shon is finishing up http://atomixworldmarket.com which we need to be able to sell your CD's and DVD's to help us all get rich and famous. Isn't that what it is all about for us? Paying our farging bills so our women won't bitch so much about our music that we do? Same can be said for our Art and programming skills. They just don't understand do they????? God love their souls though.

OK A quick update on the Music side of what I am doing. If all goes well,. by next weeks end I hope to be back in Video game dev again with our new TGE 1.5 that we have not even had time to compile for us to tweak and play with, shesh what is wrong with that picture??????, so next weekend it's all GG and L3DT and max, and maybe if we get real lucky CONSTRUCTOR FROM GG if they get their act together with that software, we can only hope and I do know it is so very close now. Let us Pray for the Almighty Big C.

From the files of DeathTwister's Ally:

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:37 pm

Hay Guys,

Sir. Monks and his Playing Fields I just wanted you guys to know I just got your album and am playing it now. Sweet guys..../smiles. I will get a copy up to http://takilmafm.com get you on world wide radio, and will have you guys ready for the first loop of IMS Radio coming very soon here on this website now. Just taking a few off until after New years then will ramp this baby up and get all of the last pieces put together and make this baby hum, Rock and Roll. /jumps up and shouts with glee...

Great Music brother, I am having fun with your CD right now, Wow, Can't wait till the whole world hears you guys. who is playing Violin? I have not posted yet, but David, and Linda Le Flamme formally "It's a Beautiful day" has joined us and more to follow, soon as I can find some of my old friends.

Monks Thank you for helping us go International with this idea we had for http://indiemusicsociety.org. we have friends and bands now from the UK, to Taiwan, to Japan, to Australia and beyond and it feels good to have people band together for this greater cause of us Indie Folk to make INDIE a household ward, with people looking at it with respect, and not every musician always wanting to get on the Big 5's list.

Bah, they are the old generation now and history. If we the indie world can take the lead now in this wondrous challenge we have in front of us with uniting the world in Music, Art, 3d Worlds, Crafts, and artisans, and programmers. Great things can be done for this world besides just us making sure food is on our tables for our families.
I tip my class in a solute my good friends, here here /cheers........../smiles and gives the world a warm hug...

Also we have moved Takilma FM Radio to a new server with data bases now so after the new year, we will be ramping IceCast/shoutcast and all the other players and get them up and running, including world wide TV we have planned here soon. IMS will be working very closly together since we are the webmasters of takilma now and have a good plan.

Also Shon and my music have been picked up in Ashland Oregon on both their international and local Radio stations.... /smiles next step for us a bit farther now as well. Really cool driving down the road and hearing your music on the radio in your car, hahahahahahaha. Link to their website is:
http://www.kskq.org/ And, As we get more Organized we will get more of peoples music out to all the indie music stations we can. Who said Music and Art can't be done together? I sure never would say that hahahahahaha /winks

......Happy New Year all......
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Previous

Return to Off topic