L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

ATOMIX Live streaming Music on the web

Rants and raves, mostly.

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:25 pm

We do have a fix for your problem, but don't have time to do it untill next weekend, sorry Java, but we will get in and fix the hard coding on the website so all players will work ok. He he bear with us a bit on that as we didn't do it ROTFL, but we will fix it next weekend for him. It is in the website not the progam and we will get it fixed. He is a ways from us and can't get there till next weekend to work on his web site.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:33 am

Hey!
I don't seem to have been getting update notifications in my inbox about active threads. It seems to happen intermittently too which is the annoying thing. Ah well.

I waved to all of you guys around the world saying Hi to Aaron, Monks and all of you dudes in General, sorry if I forgot any names but It was a surprise with the live phone/radio interview and we sure didn't have any time to prepare for it.
I will when I go up to Takilma in 2 weeks for that interview have more time to prepare and I will say hi from a list like they do at Oskar time, so I don't forget any of my World brothers.

Hahaha! :lol: I heard it dude. It was by pure chance: as I said, I've not been getting forum thread notices so I missed your heads up.
I tuned in and Spaceman was playing your tracks -5 of them. Groovy stuff! :) Then he had Shon and yourself on.I think it was Shon who was talking about 'Raisin' Cane'.

Monks sent him a email and it tripped him the fark out it came from the UK /smiles broadly. I know he has Hawkwind in the collection so I am sure he will play some Monks, and yaya I love them also, good Euro band from the past. So when you email them, let him know of your times you play based on -8 hours Grenich mean time.

Hehe- he was pretty taken aback by that. He's had an email from someone in Wales too- all over the world as you say. Hawkwind are one of those original bands who made something of 'a living' from festivals (free festivals as they are here). Lemmy (Motorhead) was with them for some time of course.

Cheers,
monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:09 pm

Yawn,

Morning dudes.

Monks Wrote:
Hawkwind are one of those original bands who made something of 'a living' from festivals (free festivals as they are here). Lemmy (Motorhead) was with them for some time of course.

Ha, I was kinda surprised that Spaceman didn't know about Hawkwind as yes they are totally awesome. They have been around since at least the 70s or so, Love there music, i think. I will work on getting some Hawkwind to the radio station, as I am sure someone has to have a copy.

Ok gots to have meeting all weekend, so I will be on and off, mostly this weekend off, lots to do, Have fun all. Hay where are all the Entries for the image comp??????????????????? Need peeps to enter.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:38 am

Hi Monks,

monks wrote: I don't seem to have been getting update notifications in my inbox about active threads. It seems to happen intermittently too which is the annoying thing. Ah well.

Oops, I've probably hit my SMTP relay limit (using a dodgy free e-mail account ATM). You might like to try the RSS feed instead. I use Opera as my RSS client and it works a treat - I never miss a message.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:07 pm

Hows it all my brothers?,

Morning here from the old DT. Just a quick update for the radio station. Later this week we will fix the Player issue and all players should work on the station then. I will post when we get it done, sorry for the delay, but have been swamped and it is a 3 hour drive to get there. although Shon will do the work from here and upload we still got to be at the station also.

This weekend and I am not sure yet if it will be Friday or Saturday night, but I will be on the radio station there, and talking about the IMS(indiemusicsociety), and AWM (atomixworldmarket)projects we are working on with the world. It should be a hoot. Have 2 albums of other peoples stuff I want to premiere and some of our stuff of course /smiles. Maybe even a new one or 2 songs if I can finish up the lead guitar tracks in time, but no promises there since I am kinda still swamped ROTFL.

The in a few weeks I am going down to the bay area, and am going to try and stream takilmafm.com down on the big radio station in San Fran if I can get the thing together. Not at all sure how it will be done but we are working on that now.

Sorry it is so late for most of my Euro brothers, but maybe record it? I am -8 hours grenich mean time so record from 8pm to 10pm both nights using my time line. I think we will record it and maybe post it on the website as well so I will try and set that up as well.

I am going to be up in Eugene Oregon on the 28-31th of this Month. If any of us brothers are living in Eugene maybe I can come visit? Give me a private email if you do and we can set it up. Sure would be nice to meet in person some of the people on this and other websites. Do you the ATLAS guy live in Eugene? give me a tell, as I would love to get together for an hour or 2 and meet you my good man. Will bring my guitar and Jam with any who is there also that plays. But I am going to the FairyLord Festival that weekend for the AWM site we launching on August 1rst. Not to mention looking for a beautiful woman to tickle my fancy maybe their ROTFL, I am single again after all ROTFL..........looks like a ton of gorgious women there so off I go to find a good wench maybe to have my way with Yarrr........

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Hay all,

Just a quick update. We are working on the C panel on our server side. But there is the streaming server that is run by another company. We are working on that right now. There are 3 of us on it and as soon as we can do the politic thing with another company we will get the player issue solved, Universe willing that is and I am sure it is, just taking longer then we thought. It is hard codded a couple of places so please bear with us and we hope to get a fix on the Player issue very soon. Our side I don't think will be the problem, but the other server. Maybe we will get lucky here.

We are also working on being able to have multiple streams going as well. Reading Docs now and getting to know how radio stations work in general and I admit having fun doing it. Had a great show Saturday night, and I got to do a bit of DJing myself, which was fun. Didn't really talk, just spun some CDs form there incredible collection. OOh we are working on getting some copies of Hawkwind as well Monks. I love them also and for some reason they are a bit shy on Hawkwind.

It was 110+ when I was up there so spent most of my time at the river playing guitar as it was just to fracking hot to do much else. Lots of gorgeous babes up there in that town as well and single, WOOO HOOO, so I am going back up in a few weeks just to play.........no work, the ladies are waiting for me to come back, well some are hahahahahahahahahaha....... I had a gas there.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:05 pm

Cheers, Aaron, everything appears to be back to normal. I re-installed Mcafee security suite- I suspect that that had something to do with it as it seems to balls everything else up :lol: .

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby monks » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi DT, It'd be great to hear some Hawkwind.

At the moment I'm not getting any sound through with wmp.

-save some groupies for the rest of us :lol:

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:34 pm

Hay Monks,

Ah what happened? virus? and I am not sure why your winamp not working, is that on your side? is it working with the regular computer? drivers maybe if you had to do a reinstall? I noticed it needed to have all updated drivers at the site to run right. When all ours were updated we could hear the station then, not before.

Also I am pretty sure someone brought some Hawkwind up to the station now Bill a DJ did I think. But am not to sure where the records were put and if anyone but Bill knows where they are atm. I will send a post to Bill (DJ) and have him get that info to Spaceman today. But it has been so hot around here that the power has been going out all the time in something like 8 states in the northwest, not to mention the east coast. Of the US hahahaha.

Monks please make a quicky Terrain with some Volcanos in it and submit it? it sure dont have to be fancy or huge or anything like that, but sure would help. I am sure they are feeling lonely about now being the only 2 entries in the comp atm. :wink:

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:33 am

Careful, Mcafee is evil. :P

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby monks » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:07 pm

Ah what happened? virus? and I am not sure why your winamp not working, is that on your side? is it working with the regular computer? drivers maybe if you had to do a reinstall? I noticed it needed to have all updated drivers at the site to run right. When all ours were updated we could hear the station then, not before.

I don't know. It may have just been an outage- DJ asleep or stoned on the floor or something :lol:
It's working now.

Also I am pretty sure someone brought some Hawkwind up to the station now Bill a DJ did I think. But am not to sure where the records were put and if anyone but Bill knows where they are atm. I will send a post to Bill (DJ) and have him get that info to Spaceman today. But it has been so hot around here that the power has been going out all the time in something like 8 states in the northwest, not to mention the east coast. Of the US hahahaha.

Nice, nice. Yeah, I heard about the heat: 115 in some places over there tssssssssss..

Monks please make a quicky Terrain with some Volcanos in it and submit it? it sure dont have to be fancy or huge or anything like that, but sure would help. I am sure they are feeling lonely about now being the only 2 entries in the comp atm.

Ah DT, I'm sorry if I can't make it. I'm a terrain app gypsy- (cue song :lol: ) come and go all the time. I think Seer may enter.

Careful, Mcafee is evil.

but m'tea is good....- that was a British 'tea' joke,:we have many hundreds :lol:

I uninstalled it for 6 months of my subscription because I HATE it. It nearly made this big man cry *sniff* :x :cry:

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:56 pm

Hay all,

Monks Wrote:
I don't know. It may have just been an outage- DJ asleep or stoned on the floor or something Laughing
It's working now.

Actually that is probably closer to the truth then you may expect. but he also takes care of his Kids at the same time sometimes and forgets to change the music. Just need to email him and tell him to wake the fork up ROTFL...........

Hay sorry guys I was out of town for 5 days and things got side balled, so getting things back on track now and hope to get answers here soon. Also have not let them know Hawkwind is there so will email Spaceman after I do my forums. He is on my ta-do list and the other web master we work with.

Lots of good things are afoot, I am trying to get to Takilma this weekend if I can as I have more killer Music to share with people I found indie's at the faerie festival this last weekend. Great stuff.

Also getting http://www.indiemusicsociety.org a actual space this coming week to get that ball rolling as well so forward motion is afoot. So in about a week you should be able to go to the atual page, We will start getting it up and running, lots of ideas to get into it, all hot and make artists happy campers we think.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:23 pm

Just a quick update on the IMS and http://www.takilmafm.com .

I plan to be up there Saturday Afternoon around 1-4 pm to share some more Indie music that the bands are coming on board with us. That is PST by the way, outside of the US you will need to adjust time slots I guess. I found then up at the Faerie World Festival this weekend and they are very very good new age rock/world bands. Not sure of the exact timelines as it is kinda loose, but it should be around that time frame for those that can tune in.

Bands are:
Gaia Consort more info on them at: http://www.gaiaconcort.com check em out and will play them this weekend. Good music.
and Music from Scott Huckaby and he is at: http://www.scotthuckaby.com
He is sending me a CD now and I hope to have it by Saturday morning before I go.

We will be working on an indie streaming station after we go live, but we have desided to set up our own servers since we have had so much trouble of late dealing with servers that are not near us to look at if you know what I mean?, anyway we are building a bank of them now for all our domains.

Anyway guys hope to see ya then and I will say hi to all of My L3DT buddies out there /smiles.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:24 am

DT, talk to me about what you're doing with dedicated servers. If you're not going shoutcast I'd like to hear a good reason why. ;)

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Ahh,

The reason is we are kinda stuck with someone else's main server that is doing the streaming and it don't got any data base. It is kinda hard to explain, there are 2 server doing one thing, yes I know kinda lame and we are working on a solution to it.
We are right now trying to get in touch with them just so we can start to set up data bases and such. I will let the boys know about sh Shoutcast, I kinda forgot about that, but it has turned out to be more difficult then first thought because we dunna have the control, someone else does and we are working on getting more control over all this. We are working on it though and as soon as we can it will all get worked out. Got 2 really good programmers on it, but there are politics involved with servers and companies ARG.

By the way sorry it seems to be taking so long, but lots are going on and it has taken us awhile to figure out what the company that Spaceman is running through, what it is they are doing, and then how do we get them to do what we want, that make any sence??? Work in progress...

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic