L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

International fairy bread day today

Rants and raves, mostly.

International fairy bread day today

Postby Aaron » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:16 am

Hello all,

A good friend of mine, knowledgeable in the ways of confectionary, informs me that today (1st of Dec) is International Fairly Bread Day (IFBD). For those not familiar with the wondrous joy of fairly bread:

Wikipedia wrote:Fairy bread is white bread lightly spread with margarine or butter, and then sprinkled with either sugar or more commonly Hundreds and Thousands (also known as sprinkles, a Masterfoods product consisting of small balls of coloured sugar intended to decorate cakes).

Fairy bread is served almost exclusively at children's parties in Australia and New Zealand as a sweet yet more filling alternative to lollies. Slices of the bread are typically cut into triangles and stacked tastefully on the host's paper plate.

So, please keep the marvellous tradition of IFBD alive by sprinkling hundreds and thousands over any available bread-like substance and eating the colourful and delicious results.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:09 pm

:lol:

...well we must not forget it is the International Day of Troll Bread on that day also. It is a long tradition of which cliques of Trolls hold evening dinner parties of the rather more serious variety and are served small children stacked tastefully on the host's spit. Its derivation remains obscure but it is conjectured grew out of a Troll's love of Fairy bread (great indeed) which, much to their grumpiness, always seemed to be in short supply on that very day. Traditionally it is a day when many over-indulgent children seem to simply vanish often after obscure confectionary festivities.
On being presented with the fondents the trolls have been known to cry (with a little restraint) 'Oh mein host you are spoiling us !' A few learned scholars of Trollery think this to be the origin of the cautionary 'Careful you do not spoil that child !' since a Troll prefers children of the plumper sort; though this remains fanciful.
Some think this jolly spoil-sport of Trolls. The author seeks to maintain his academic distance.
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:36 am

What a wonderful tradition! I think it's great that there's room in the world for both festivals, and I'll be sure to post a reminder about both IDoTB and IFBD when December rolls around next year.

When you think about it, the preference for big-boned kids by trolls can only have a good influence on the health and wellbeing of our children - perhaps not for the unfortinate individuals, but certainly for the species as a whole. Darwinian selection and all. I really can't see why law-enforecement, parents'- and and church-groups take such a dim view on spit-roasting kiddies. Have we learnt nothing from the age of enlightenment?

I'm going to hell now.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Off topic