L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Mouse Alignment in Sapphire

Please report software faults here.

Mouse Alignment in Sapphire

Postby David Walters » Thu May 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi, I've just tried editing a heightfield in Sapphire on Windows 10 using 16.05 dev 4 and had a problem - the edit sphere is positioned as if the mouse cursor is about 20 - 25px higher up.

I've made some screenshots here - the mouse cursors have been pasted on by me after the fact so may be a few pixels off, sorry I don't have software that grabs the mouse cursor too.

I also noticed that the 'point grab' tool will not use the height under the mouse cursor with a single click, but rather shoot down by a huge amount (~100 metres I think) where you need to hold on and drag it back to up to its original position. I'm not sure if this is related or a different bug.
David Walters
Doyen

Re: Mouse Alignment in Sapphire

Postby Aaron » Fri May 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for the bug reports. Both of these bugs have been there since the very first builds of Sapphire, so it's high time I fixed them. The cursor offset was an easy fix, but I'm still working on the point grab initial offset. I'll post back here when an update is available. Thanks again!

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Mon May 23, 2016 11:34 am

Hi David,

Okay, I've fixed the point grab too. While I'm at it, I noticed that the bulldozer/leveller / LevelAt tool UI is a bit poor, so I'm giving that a bit of a spruce up too, so that users can see where the tool will be raising/lowering terrain (one idea, not finalised, is shown below). Also, 'undo' for the bulldozer/etc tool is broken (never actually worked properly, if I recall correctly), so I'm going to fix that as well. Anyhow, I'll upload an update when it's all happy, and post back here to let you know it's available.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Attachments
bulldozer.png
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue May 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi David,

The fixes are now available in L3TD Pro 16.05 dev build 5, which is on the Pro downloads page now. Please let me know if you find any problems with this build, and thanks again for the bug reports!

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Bug reports