L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Voting for October.

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Which image should win Image of the Month for October?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 am

River Run 2 (DeathTwister)
11%
River Run 6 (DeathTwister)
No votes
Go-Roar River (DeathTwister)
22%
Water Fall (Ch3rokee)
56%
Other River (Ch3rokee)
No votes
L3DT Logo 1 (BigYak)
No votes
L3DT Logo 2 (BigYak)
No votes
First shot of Winter's River (Mauronen)
No votes
Second shot of Winter's River (Mauronen)
No votes
Third shot of Winter's River (Mauronen)
No votes
Mountain Lake (Tillot)
11%

Total votes : 9

Voting for October.

Postby Aaron » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:15 am

Hello all,

This month we have been presented with a wonderful collection of images from a wonderful assortment of people, from which we must now select out favourite (image, not person). The options - in order of entry - are:
If you'd like to view all the thumbnails together, please click here.

When casting your vote, please remember the theme set out by Ch3rokee was "rivers" and that the rules specified "No post-processing is allowed."

The poll closes in three days. Best of luck everyone, and happy voting.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:54 pm

OMG,

There were so many awesome entries this Month, I wanted to vote for all of them, but I did make a choice guys, so I am done and out the door for half the day anyway. Really nice bunch of entries guys, Well dodne dudes. I expect more entries next month then this month. Wow what a bunch of great artists Aaron has hanging around.

I will post on TS.org when I get back, lots to talk about and update but no time to chit chat bout that atm, so later. Good luck to whomever wins, and I can't wait till next Month's comp :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

DT :twisted:
Last edited by DeathTwister on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi DT,

DeathTwister wrote:By the way IMS...

Please stay on-topic Maylock, or otherwise post your updates regarding IMS in the IMS thread (off topic forum). This thread is about the IoTM competition for October, and I fail to see the relevance of IMS here.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Opps,

So very sorry Aaron, was doing all on one post Doh, not to bright :idea:
Humbled and have Taken out and now going out the door. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Dumb Artist........

You got it boss, so sorry to have added that, yes your right I should have done that in the beginning, and posted seperatly. My bad, me try not to do dat again.

What a wonderfull bunch of entries this month /winks..

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Rofar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:10 pm

These were definately some great entries. As I looked through them I thought I had the one I would end up votiing for displayed...until I went to the next. Then it got difficult. I finally settled on Water Fall but it was really hard to not vote for some of the others.
Rofar
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Humm,

I could swear that there are more users then 7 of us on L3DT??? hehehe ROTFL.
I frankly think that the Water Fall (Ch3rokee) should win as I see it so far, and it is very GOOD, so WOO HOO Grats my brother for a entry very well done if you are the one that wins, WTG Dude simply awesome. I guess one could call that grats in advance /winks and smiles. But there sure were some very sweet entries to all that did. Make sure you all enter next months as well. /winks and thinks this is fun........

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:06 pm

And the winner is...

Ch3rokee, with Water Fall.

Congratulations on a truly fantastic entry, and clearly a very popular and well-deserved winner. Not to take anything away from that achievement, I would also like to congratulate the other participants for their excellent entries this month. We really do seem to have a battle royale going between Bryce, Terragen and Vue, with greater creative opportunities from the former, and ultimately greater realism from the latter two. Very exciting stuff indeed.

I believe the prize this month was ceremonial dictatorship of the known universe. Whilst the job description has narrowed in recent years, the CDotKU does retain the right to choose the next competition theme, and also optionally judge the competition. We await your decree, your magnificence.

Cheerio,
Aaron.

PS: Other than L3DTVi2, what happened to our realtime 3D renderers? I'm quite sure that most users of L3DT are are modding or developing games, and I'm quite sure they look spectacular too.
Last edited by Aaron on Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Ch3rokee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:21 pm

Thanks to everyone that voted for my entry, I didn't expect to win because there were really good entries, but it's a good start for L3DT in Bryce 6 and I would like to see more L3DT stuff rendered in it 8) .

Also, congratulation and thanks to everyone that participated in this month comp, it's a great improvement from the last month disappointment and I expect to see everyone again this month :wink: .

My suggestion for this month theme is Desert (any kind, any way), rendered in whatever you want and to be elected by public vote.
Ch3rokee
Contributing member

Return to Image competition