L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the year

Important stuff.

Image of the year

Postby Aaron » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Hello dear users, visitors, friends, Romans, countrymen, search engines, and the NSA,

Over the course of the year, the talented artists and developers in our midst have treated us with many images of artistic beauty and technical brilliance. Throughout the year we have recognised their abilities and efforts by means of an Image of the Month competition. However, with 2006 drawing to a close, it seems more appropriate that instead of awarding an IoTM for December, we look back through the gallery and award "Image of the Year."

To be eligible, the image must have been uploaded to the users' gallery in 2006. There are no other rules or criteria this time, and in fact it's not too late to enter if you have something nice you'd like to show (though you may want to hurry.)

To cast your vote, please browse through the albums below, and reply to this post with your selection. Please note in your judgement the name of the artist and the image, or the URL if preferred, and any explanatory comments you think appropriate.

The contenders:Or:Happy voting, and the best of luck to all the entrants.

Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Mixael » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:35 am

Aaron, where exactly do we make our voices heard...I mean vote? A reply here, a new topic in the IoTM forum? I have already made up my mind, and I think it's a god one (the image, not so much my mind :) )

Michael
Mixael

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Haha Hay Aaron,

Yes, I was wondering the same thing, where do we vote it at? and when is the deadline again? new years eve?

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:06 pm

OOh what happened to the image of the Month this Month? I was working on a Island with beaches in Vue 5 and TG2, and would like to enter them when they are done???? /smiles, or just get them in before New years Eve in the Gallery???

hahahahaha, Have a merry Hollydaze guys.....

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Re: Image of the year

Postby Q-dad » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:30 pm

aaron wrote:To cast your vote, please browse through the albums below, and reply to this post with your selection.
8)
TXP (Terrain Xpansion Pack) for DF2: txp.df2.org

Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Mixael » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm

DOH!

Ya read it 5 or 6 times, and never see something obvious.

Now I gotta look up the title of the one I want to votte for.

Michael
Mixael

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:40 pm

Hay all,

Aaron, I have a question if I may? How are we to post our choices for image of the year? Other then saying I like so and so and what paintings name, I see no menu for choosing.
May I make a suggestion if I may? I know this is a pain, but I really liked the pick the name of the picture with the buttons like what we have been doing and we get to watch the meter bar move which I think is cool.

Could you? would you? Take the time and put all our choices in a huge list we can go in and check the right button, like in last months comp? but with one heck of allot more images???????????

Also Since we cannot enter for the regular image of the month comp, I had made an Island I had been working on to enter. Beaches was the thyme so I was working in Vue & TG2 trying to get some beaches, waves.
TG2 is a harder learning curve, so I centered on Vue before I went back to TG2. But 2 things happened with Vue. 1. was I had so many trees, my machine told me I could not put one more thing ion the picture, which I ignored for the most part, until after I had StarQuest in the scene. 2. But I never could figure out how to get a wave in that program :cry: And I ran out Ram and CPU space with the file getting so big. So I hit the render button and Wa La 26 hours later I got this picture to share. Lots of beach, but skimpy on the waves. Sorry Bout that guys, but I am still working on that one.....Maybe in TG2 I can get some fracking waves hahahahahahahaha.......

Maybe a candidate for image of the year, maybe not. But since I made it I thought I would post it and share it anyway, along with the Crash Landing on Planet Warlock I did, which was not part of the comp, it was just for FUN /smiles...... :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have my favorite I want to vote for, but not sure how to post it Aaron????

Here are links to bigger versions of what I have Just posted.

StarQuest:
http://www.theatomizer.com/postedImages/StarQuest.jpg

Crash Landing on Planet Warlock:
http://www.theatomizer.com/postedImages/CrashLanding2.jpg

Happy Hollydays guys............
DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Re: Image of the year

Postby Q-dad » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:42 pm

aaron wrote:Please note in your judgement the name of the artist and the image, or the URL if preferred, and any explanatory comments you think appropriate.

Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Q-dad » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:21 am

Ok, get ready for the first vote in the IOTY competition...:

I vote for the Icelandia Mountain Range (by DeathTwister), a mountain range on a planet far away from here in the Crab nebula...:

Larger picture here

I've looked through all the entries, and DeathTwister has been working hard all year and has produced many great terrain images. He's not the only one, though, but I still believe my choice above is very worthy of a win this year. I love majestic mountain pics, and this one is for sure a great example.

Q-dad
Luminary

Postby Mixael » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:14 pm

If it's gonna be allowed to be in the running, I wanna vote for StarQuest!

Uh, since DT posted it above, I won't do the link thingy.

Ta!

Michael
Mixael

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Hi Guys,

Well with all the choices it is very hard to decide witch one to pick, but I choose one I think was superb the way it was handled. All were so very good, it is a shame they all cannot win. So I cast my Dye and see what transpires...../Smiles..

Drum roll please........
I choose Tilot's Mountain Lake.

I have been very busy, and at the same time needed to take a few days off that has been badly needed before our next big push.
So sorry if I have not been poking my nose everywhere like is my want, but the HollyDAZE has been intense hahahaha.....Not a bad thing this year other then I keep loosing electricity to much, hahahaha.

OH PS: Thanks for the votes so far fer me stuff guys.../bows

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:42 am

Hello all,

Hmmm...we don't seem to have a clear winner. I feared this might happen with this voting system. To resolve the deadlock, I've taken these votes as nominations and made a poll from them over here.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Announcements