L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Crash due to Calculation

Got a problem or need advice?

Crash due to Calculation

Postby rockwill1066 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:19 pm

So I decided that I was going to use this satellite based program to import a format that stores the elevation data for many places in the world, including the place that I wanted to import into my L3DT so that I can subsequently make it a map for Arma 3. I encountered the tragic issue of the entire program crashing after calculating the terrain for a considerable amount of time and it is avoidable by means of not doing anything as it was on for hours but then afterwards it crashed. I would like to know if there's any way that this issue can be resolved so that I don't need to go AFK whenever calculating terrain as that's rather inconvenient as you could probably imagine.
rockwill1066

Re: Crash due to Calculation

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi rockwill1066,

I apologise for this fault and for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for the bug report.

I wasn't aware of any crashing bugs in the terrain generator, so the best place to start would be to have a look at your log file after the crash. You can find the log file by using the 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs' shortcut in the Windows start menu. That link will open a directory in which you will find a file called 'log.txt'. Please send it to aaron@bundysoft.com. Please collect the log file after the fault occurs in L3DT, and before re-opening the program, as the log file is overwritten at the start of each session.

Best regards,
Aaron
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby rockwill1066 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Thank you for the reply & I just sent you that log.txt file through e-mail.
rockwill1066

Postby Aaron » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi rockwill1066,

Thank you for the log file. Unfortunately, that log file only shows the startup process for L3DT, followed by a couple of minutes of L3DT gaining and losing input focus. Presumably, this log is from another session of L3DT. Did you re-start L3DT after the crash, before copying the log file? Please note that the log file is overwritten each time you start L3DT, so to catch the log from a crash, you need to get the log before re-starting L3DT.

If you can reproduce the crash, please send me the log file as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby rockwill1066 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 pm

I replied to the e-mail that I sent with a .txt log.
rockwill1066

Postby rockwill1066 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:06 am

Oh my apologies. That would've been for the error messages that I received that terminated the extraction process of the Terrain Normals. Somehow I conflated the issues of the two threads that I created so I apologize. I'll attempt to reproduce the crash when I can although it might take a while.
rockwill1066

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Rockwill1066,

Sorry for the delay. No worries about the log. If the crash reoccurs, please let me know (and send the log file!)

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support