L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the year

Important stuff.

Image of the year

Postby Aaron » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the image of the year competition for 2006 has been awarded to...

DeathTwister

...with his outstanding image Star quest:

I hope everyone will join me in congratulating DeathTwister, who has throughout the year contributed greatly to the image competitions, and to the users' community in general. Well done and thanks, Maylock.

I would also like to thank the many other fine artists who took the time and effort to contribute the the image competitions in 2006. It has been truly delightful to see each month such unique and beautiful images created by such skilled and creativite people. Thank-you everyone.

Finally, in discussing image competitions, I would be much remiss if I did not mention that the Image of the Month Competition for January is now more than half done (closing 1st of Feb). The theme is Tropical Beaches, and a winner will be awarded for both best realtime and best non-realtime render. As always, images should be uploaded to the users' gallery. Best of luck!

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:02 am

Congratulations DT! That's a cool render- reminds of Baron Munchhausen 8)

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Jovin » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:46 am

That looks really nice DT, well deserved, congrats!
Jovin

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:31 pm

Thank you all very much...../bows

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Mixael » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:06 am

You deserved it, DT! I'm just glad I could help by voting :)

Are you gonna enter the Jan IOM comp?

Michael
Mixael

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Hay all,

I am working on it, I know it's going to be close and I have been working with the same file I used for StarQuest and I was trying to get it to look good in TG2, WOW what a learning curve on that puppy /wry smiles......I better see more entries besides mine??????????????
Or all we all working in TG2 and all in the same learning curve?.../chuckles if true.

Anyway I am close I think to at least one entry I think......eeek I am playing with the procedural part of TG2 and trying to get my textures to look right, so we see. But the rendering time at the hi end detail could run me over if I don't get one I like here soon hahahaha lolol. But I doubt that I get one plant, or anything else in the scene, but I hope some desent looking terrain. We see.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:09 am

Congrats, I just posted in the wrong thread, sorry guys.

DT, I hope to get TG2 soon as well and then give you a run for your winning streak :wink:
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:43 am

Yay, please give me a run for the money /all smiles....

TG2 is a free download at:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/tg2tp/
and you have all this next month to catch up /smiles... I have had about 10 actual days working on it so far, so it should be easy /giggles and falls off chair to catch up. I have to work and am learning other software also atm.
Switched to the Ogre engine last week, so ramping up to switch it all out.

I have also see some amazing stuff in the forums on Tg2 with some stuff Monks has done that shuts me meezly art down completly with TG2 and could win hands down easy.
I still think my stuff is not quit up to snuff yet, but hay I do what I can /winks. It is all in the journy I think anyway. Each one I have entered could be made better in one way or another as I look at them but hay I could tweak them for 6 months hahahaha.

I am betting Javabones could enter some killer stuff as well??????? /smiles

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:42 pm

DeathTwister wrote:Yay, please give me a run for the money /all smiles....

I just haven't had the time to get back to using this lately :(

TG2 is a free download at:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/tg2tp/
and you have all this next month to catch up /smiles... I have had about 10 actual days working on it so far, so it should be easy /giggles and falls off chair to catch up. I have to work and am learning other software also atm.

Cool, which other software?

Switched to the Ogre engine last week, so ramping up to switch it all out.

I have also see some amazing stuff in the forums on Tg2 with some stuff Monks has done that shuts me meezly art down completly with TG2 and could win hands down easy.
I still think my stuff is not quit up to snuff yet, but hay I do what I can /winks. It is all in the journy I think anyway. Each one I have entered could be made better in one way or another as I look at them but hay I could tweak them for 6 months hahahaha.

I am betting Javabones could enter some killer stuff as well??????? /smiles

I agree, their work is amazing.
Well I have a new job and getting things moving at ARC, we currently have two programmers bashing away on tools for nwn2, I I'm hoping I can get one of them to look at all this side of things too.
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Hay there,

Hahaha well lets see, this week is SoftImage that just came in the mail, Poser 6 also came in mail, so I can I hope make some fancy people /winks, and lots of work, headachs trying to mem stuff, and so on hahahaha.
Then when I have the time I am working in L3DT (latest update) for final version of Le Galleria and Terragen 1 for the final texturing in the gallery since I bought the full version in TG "full antialiasing", not TG2 yet, waiting for bugs to be fixed /winks. Hope to have the gallery done first stage in 2 months? maybe to short for 2 dudes but we see if things go good for a change we can do it hahaha. anyway that ios the date we are trying to hit /wry smiles.......

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Shealladh » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:55 pm

DeathTwister wrote:Hay there,

Hahaha well lets see, this week is SoftImage that just came in the mail, Poser 6 also came in mail, so I can I hope make some fancy people /winks, and lots of work, headachs trying to mem stuff, and so on hahahaha.

Cool, it sounds like you're delving into a variety of apps, though I hate Poser to be honest.

Then when I have the time I am working in L3DT (latest update) for final version of Le Galleria and Terragen 1 for the final texturing in the gallery since I bought the full version in TG "full antialiasing", not TG2 yet, waiting for bugs to be fixed /winks.

I am considering the TG2, but waiting for the same reasons.

Hope to have the gallery done first stage in 2 months? maybe to short for 2 dudes but we see if things go good for a change we can do it hahaha. anyway that ios the date we are trying to hit /wry smiles.......

Is this a project and you are short two guys?

Not sure if it's me tired, or just reading that wrong. The reason I've been so busy is the ARC restructure and getting it up and running. We now have three really good modelers involved and two programmers so if you're looking for people, this could the ticket in advertising for some?
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Hahahaha,

Is this a project and you are short two guys?

Not sure if it's me tired, or just reading that wrong. The reason I've been so busy is the ARC restructure and getting it up and running. We now have three really good modelers involved and two programmers so if you're looking for people, this could the ticket in advertising for some?

Haha Actually we are short a whole crew hahaha, like 12-20 but we are ATM a 2 man team, one artist who does it all, one programmer who does it all, and one partner who goes out and makes sure we have all the equipment and software and duckets to keep us going for us to do it all. Right now that is, but we are close to hiring a bunch of peeps here soon, at least we are hoping to. Things are afoot /winks.......

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Announcements