L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Use disk-drive paging (mosaic map) But no export .RAW

It doesn't hurt to ask...

Use disk-drive paging (mosaic map) But no export .RAW

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi guys,

OK I am new to this program but I noticed something and it may be me, but maybe not. I am a Torque User and I hope you all know bout that video engine.

Now I am using your Pro version here and I made a new map and used the "Use disk-drive paging (mosaic map)" feature when you make a map so it will page and do the right lvl of detail/paging since it such a huge terrain. But when I went to export out to a .RAW file witch is what Torque wants as a import file for the TSE engine, there is none now.

If I make a normal map and then export it out, the export to .raw is there in the normal map, but not for the mosiac map one in the Pro version.

Is there a ETA on exporting out to .RAW files soon for the Pro version with the pageing in tow so to speak soon? I sure hope so as I am pretty sure Torque won,t automatically page it for me. But I don't know that for sure.

Torque TSE uses the Atlas Terrain Engine and we are not sure if you are familiar with it? It does do large terrains and pages them for speed. But we are not sure if the paging is set up on your side or Torque's side that the pageing is done.

Torque will end up bieng a huge customer base for you if it is not allready as that is where we heard about you guys in the first place. We need to know how the paging works. I will post this questain as well in the Torque forums as well looking for an answer. I will post this at GG as well.

Link to GG: http://www.garagegames.com/

FYI: Fan Farging Fantastic Software guys

DeathTwister
An Artist is a God, just not in thier reality is all.
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:35 pm

I already answered this on GG for you. Any mosiac map or paging done on the L3DT side doesn't matter for TSE. That only matters to make the map itself.
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Re: Use disk-drive paging (mosaic map) But no export .RAW

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:13 am

Hello,

DeathTwister wrote: Is there a ETA on exporting out to .RAW files soon for the Pro version with the pageing in tow so to speak soon?

Alrighty, I'll put a mosaic RAW exporter on my to-do list.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Use disk-drive paging (mosaic map) But no export .RAW

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:56 pm

aaron wrote:Alrighty, I'll put a mosaic RAW exporter on my to-do list.

Okay, it's done. The next release of L3DT will have the option to export mosaic and non-mosaic heightmaps as RAW data of the following kinds:

* 8-bit (stretched from 0->255)
* 16-bit unsigned (stretched from 0->65535)
* 16-bit unsigned (values from 0->alt range, in integer metres)
* 16-bit signed (values from min alt->max alt, in integer metres)
* 32-bit float (in metres)

Ciao,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Feature requests