L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT Standard 2.5 is available

Important stuff.

L3DT Standard 2.5 is available

Postby Aaron » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

The free version of L3DT, the 'Standard Edition', has been updated to release 2.5 (see downloads page). The updated Professional Edition will follow at the soonest opportunity, pending the correction of two faults in a particular plugin.

Most of the development in L3DT release 2.5 affects L3DT Professional, with only modest changes to the Standard Edition. However, users will notice the inclusion of a new 3D renderer that can be opened from the toolbar, and which does not suffer from the crashes that affect L3DTVi2. Wizard presets have also been enabled in SE, which will make the user interface a bit easier to customise. The remaining changes in SE are mainly cosmetic or bug-fixes (lots of bug fixes!) The full change log may be read here.

Feedback is, as always, most welcome.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby metalliandy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 pm

Great work m8!
Any news on the Pro version...Im really really anticipating the Atlas plug-in....What bugs are infesting your creation? i would be happy to do some tests if you wanted.
:)
metalliandy
Doyen

Postby Shealladh » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Cool, thanks Aaron.

Just a quick question though, the new sapphire plugin, what exactly is Sapphire?

And for the Pro version, how do we upgrade to the next version?
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:29 am

Hello,

Any news on the Pro version...Im really really anticipating the Atlas plug-in....What bugs are infesting your creation? i would be happy to do some tests if you wanted.

The delay in the release of Pro v2.5 is the completion of the Atlas plugin. We've identified two bugs to be fixed before it can be shipped, and GarageGames are working on them presently. Once we've verified the bugs have been fixed, release will follow very soon after.

Just a quick question though, the new sapphire plugin, what exactly is Sapphire?

It's either Al2O3 with trace Ti, Fe or Cr, or it's the name I picked for my 3D rendering plugin. The name was chosen because sapphires are pretty to look at.

Pro 2.5 has not yet been released, as it's awaiting the completion of the Atlas plugin. In the mean time, I'll upload another release candidate shortly so that people can play with the new heightfield editor.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Shealladh » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:37 am

aaron wrote:Hello,

The delay in the release of Pro v2.5 is the completion of the Atlas plugin. We've identified two bugs to be fixed before it can be shipped, and GarageGames are working on them presently. Once we've verified the bugs have been fixed, release will follow very soon after.

It's either Al2O3 with trace Ti, Fe or Cr, or it's the name I picked for my 3D rendering plugin. The name was chosen because sapphires are pretty to look at.

Pro 2.5 has not yet been released, as it's awaiting the completion of the Atlas plugin. In the mean time, I'll upload another release candidate shortly so that people can play with the new heightfield editor.

Cheers,
Aaron.

Thanx for the info, looking forward to getting back to my project.
I am also looking at the Torque engine as a possible backbone, so I look forward to seeing your L3DT being spread aournd and being used more!
I take solice from the fact that I know nothing...compared to the rest of the world.
Shealladh
Contributing member

Postby Morgan » Mon May 14, 2007 9:59 pm

Wait, so if we have the pro already we can upgrade to this new one for free?

I am psyched for the 3D editor!!!
Morgan

Return to Announcements