L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

BattleTanks II

What are you up to?

Postby dEaThMaStEr » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:21 pm

Heh, no problem. And be sure to check out my Atlas/water thread. I've been tearin it up with shaders and I don't intend to let up. ;)
dEaThMaStEr
Luminary

Postby JohnJ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:46 pm

:shock:
Whoa, this thread has really gotten big!

Thanks for the comments :)

I see you have figured out my questian so.........

I have a questain if I may? I can't seem to find any info on a import diologue box in TSE. I need to know the Leafe depth for importing a texture into TSE...

Umm.. sorry, but I don't think I can answer your question :cry:, since I don't have TSE (I'm using Blitz3D to make my game).
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:55 pm

Hello,

DeathTwister wrote:I have a post over there atm with GG, but I thought maybe here would be faster.

Okay, but in future please start your own thread (eg. in the 'help and support' forum). This thread is for JohnJ's BattleTanks II project, which as established has nothing to do with TSE.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:17 pm

AAHH i C,

KK sorry Aaron, thought it would be a good place to post since I saw he has figured it out. I will do better next trime bro.

HEHE messing with it all now and about ready to import it all into TSE, but we just built a athlon 64 bit mega comp and I got kinda sidetracked with my new Graphic's comp.

If I have any more trouble I will take the post out of here, again, sorry Aaron.

I really like the battle tank game you are making dudes. That was why I did post here, I saw that you guys had your U-Know=What togther.

Hay do any of you guys at the battle tank Project need any graphics or stuff give me a jingle as I may have some stuff I can lay on you guys for free if you have any needs. I have some buildings I have made that I am giving away, but I could wipp you out a few if you have any needs in that direction. Just shoot me a email and I'll get back to you.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JohnJ » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 pm

since I saw he has figured it out

Like I said, BattleTanks II does not use TSE, but the Blitz3D engine; I'd like to help, but I don't even understand your question about TSE. Anyway, good luck. I hope you find the solution :)

Hay do any of you guys at the battle tank Project need any graphics or stuff give me a jingle as I may have some stuff I can lay on you guys for free if you have any needs.

I'm not sure if using someone else's models would break any of the competition rules or not. Either way, I probably should try to do most of my game's art myself when entering a competition. Thanks for the offer, though :). However, I could use your models in future games (after the competition), if you want.
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:19 pm

Woo HOO good luck bro,

I didn't realize you were in a competition, woot Hope ya win dudes /smiles :wink:
DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JohnJ » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:36 pm

JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby JohnJ » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:20 pm

I've just released BattleTanks II beta version!
You can get it HERE.

Let me know what you think :D
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby JohnJ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:43 pm

Development Update:
* Voice response added to command menu ("Roger", "Affirmative", or "Negative")
* Shells and tank explosions now make craters in the ground

Note: I have not uploaded the latest version yet.
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby JohnJ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:00 am

Final Release!
The final version of BattleTanks II has been released!
Re-download, or click HERE to get it.
JohnJ
Contributing member

Fantastic!

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:30 am

Bravo JohnJ!

I love it.

To anyone that hasn't tried this yet I say download it now. It's a whole lotta fun. Aside from the very slick visuals and game dynamics, I like the team-command options and interface - getting a posse of tanks together to roll over your enemy is rather satisfying.

If I had to offer a suggestion, it would be to add a larger or easier to read orientation display on the mini-map, as in the heat of battle it can be a little hard to work out where your tank is facing, particularly when you're in amongst the trees on 'country battle'. I appreciate that hitting 'm' solves the problem, but it also takes you away from the battle for moment. Anyhoo, it's not a real gripe - I guess disorientation is a realistic part of battle.

Once again, congratulations on a job very well done.

Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby JohnJ » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:37 am

I'm glad you enjoyed BattleTanks II :)

I understand what you mean about the mini-map; it is confusing sometimes, especially if you zoom out. I'll try to make the map rotate as you turn, so that "up" on the map will always be foreward.
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi John,

Sounds good; mini-map rotation would do the trick nicely. I wonder...would you need to add a compass then, so that you know which way is north? (sorry - I don't want to make more work for you)

In other news, I just worked out how to make maps for BattleTanks II. I like it!

My first attempt:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/examples/atMap1.zip (1.2Mb)

It comes in 2-player and 3-player versions (different .map files, same heightfield/texture).

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby JohnJ » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:30 pm

That's a really nice map :D Certainly alot better than some of my maps (unfortunately I didn't have much time before the deadline to make some really nice maps). I'd like to include your map in the next release of BattleTanks, if I may. For now I just put it in the BattleTanks II wiki page under "Expansion Packs & Add-ons" (if you don't want it there, just delete it).
JohnJ
Contributing member

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:16 am

Thanks JohnJ,

I'm glad you liked it, and certainly, feel free to include it in the next release (I hereby release said works to the public domain without any copyright restrictions whatsoever, etc). You can also use my follow-up map, if you like, which I think is more balanced and prettier (using 4x textures).

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Users' projects