L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Update to L3DT release 2.5c

Important stuff.

Update to L3DT release 2.5c

Postby Aaron » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Everyone,

There was a bug in L3DT release 2.5c that prevented users from generating normal and light maps in non-mosaic mode. I have included the fix in the updated the installers for L3DT release 2.5c, which are now on the downloads pages. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Aaron.

PS: The file version number of the updated installer is 2.5.3.5, dated 23rd of March 2008. The 'broken' installer was 2.5.3.4, dated ~19th of March 2008.
Last edited by Aaron on Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby lmaceleighton » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:51 pm

I was about to report that very bug today, because no matter what I did i could not make a LM, or Tex Map. Ill check it out as soon as GG site lets me in,... there site is down a lot. I wish i had bought the L3DT for Torque directly from you as your site is always available:)
lmaceleighton
Contributing member

Postby materene » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:23 am

Where can I get a standard edition that contains no ContraVirus!
materene

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:12 am

Hi Materene,

materene wrote:Where can I get a standard edition that contains no ContraVirus!

McAfee Enterprise and AVG Free anti-virus report that the installer and executable are clean. Can you tell me which anti-virus software is reporting the installer contains a virus?

Every couple of years an anti-virus program will release a virus definition that gives a false-positive on the installer. Last time (a year or two ago?) it was F-secure. Then the problem was 'fixed' by changing the compression algorithm used to build the installer, which apparently then didn't match the profile in F-secure's virus database.

Anyway, please let me know which AV software you're using so that I can rebuild and test the installer.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby materene » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:48 am

I use Stopzilla along with Avast4 home, the stopzilla is catching it every time I download and open the installers for latest and earlier release. The entire program is deleted when this happens. On a cold reboot afterwards it is then captured and ask permission to remove again. It would seem there is something there trying to add the two extra dummy files to the system. It is said that popups promoting an antivirus product is enduced into the system asking to run it's program, along with planting two dummy system files. Luckily I don't have that problem.
materene

Postby Aaron » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:22 am

Hi Materene,

Can you please try the latest installer (link below), and tell me if Stopzilla still recognises this as matching the ContraVirus profile. The link is:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/standard/L3DT_SE-2.5c.exe

Best regards,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby materene » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Now it say's "Media-Codec.D"

I'm between a rock and a hard spot here , if I turn stopzilla off to install it on a reboot it would capture and delete it again. I use this stopzilla to protect my homepage, since I installed it over two years ago I have not had an instrusion.

materene
materene

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:47 am

Hi Materene,

I've flicked a few more switches in the installer, and hopefully this will give you a different (clean) result with StopZilla. The new installer is:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/standard/L3DT_SE-2.5c.exe

If this doesn't work, I've run out of switches. Perhaps I should start paying StopZilla protection money. ;)

materene wrote:I'm between a rock and a hard spot here , if I turn stopzilla off to install it on a reboot it would capture and delete it again. I use this stopzilla to protect my homepage, since I installed it over two years ago I have not had an intrusion.

I don't recommend you (or any user) disable AV software. The best I can suggest is to try a different AV package that doesn't have this false-positive problem (I know McAfee and AVG are well behaved). Of course, you do this at your own risk, and I make no guarantees that they will function as well as Stopzilla, and take no responsibility if they do not. Standard legal disclaimer, etc, etc.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby materene » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks for the trouble, stopzilla is taking a look at my scans and I'll let ya know what the results are. The last attempt was not working and still flagged.
materene

Postby materene » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:47 pm

UPDATE

We have corrected the false positive issue with STOPzilla.

To download the correction, please check for updates, and install
Definition Set 5.0.7.71. To check for updates, right click on the "Sz"
system tray icon, go to "Tools", and left click on "Check for Updates".

After installing the update, restart the computer, and you should be
all set.

Thank you for contacting technical support,

The STOPzilla Support Team
------------------------------------------------------------

I will give it a try a little later this evening

Materene
materene

Postby materene » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:30 am

OK, I loaded the original exe from here not the changed one you made and it works fine. STOPzilla made a definition change in less than 24 hours now that's service.

I think this walk thru for first run is super, the first map looks very nice.
Now to read the manual.

Thanks for all the trouble

Materene
materene

Re: Update to L3DT release 2.5c

Postby torgado » Wed May 07, 2008 6:01 pm

aaron wrote:...which are now on the downloads pages

Where are the "downloads pages" that have the updates? When I go to the Downloads page on the site, the only option is to purchase the software.

Where can we download the updated version of the installer and software if we're licensed Pro indie customers?

Thanks!
torgado

Return to Announcements